Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Original Floyd rose installation

[ QUOTE ]
    > Besides that looking horrible, what do you do about the allen wrench holes or
    > the point that fits into the string retainer block that you've just cut off?

You don't cut off the REAR end of the screws, you cut off just enough length off the tips so that they'll fit into the cavity. And then you re-do them so that they're like they were before, but just a bit shorter.

[/ QUOTE ]

The opposite end is tapered to fit into a small hole in the string retaining block, are you grinding it down to fit that hole?

To me it seems like an awful lot of work when you could just trade the OFR for a Schaller and be done with it.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

yes, but what if we want an ofr, looking at the dimensions on the ofr site it looks like it will be a drop in process, just wanted 2 kno if anyone else had done this with a jt580lp

Comment

I had a Warrior MG body that had an OFR in place of the JT580LP. It fit in no problem.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          yes, but what if we want an ofr, looking at the dimensions on the ofr site it looks like it will be a drop in process, just wanted 2 kno if anyone else had done this with a jt580lp

[/ QUOTE ]

The Schaller Floyd and Original Floyd are basically the same animal. They're made in the same plant by the same folks. When I'm retrofitting guitars, I generally use Schallers for when the routing is recessed and OFRs for when it's top-mounted.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Anyone ever replaced a JT580LP with a Floyd Rose Pro? I really prefer the low profile design and if the Floyd Rose Pro fits, you don't have to worry about the recess route...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the process of doing this right now with my DK2. I'll post how it went when I'm done.
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Anyone ever replaced a JT580LP with a Floyd Rose Pro? I really prefer the low profile design and if the Floyd Rose Pro fits, you don't have to worry about the recess route...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the process of doing this right now with my DK2. I'll post how it went when I'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't the Floyd Pro's spacing different than the OFR? I had thought the post spacing was not the same as an OFR and 580.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  aren't the Floyd Pro's spacing different than the OFR? I had thought the post spacing was not the same as an OFR and 580.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I thought string spacing was a little different, but maybe it is the post spacing. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The string spacing is slightly more narrow but according to the templates I downloaded for the OFR and OFR Pro, both have a post spacing of 2.91".
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Thanks guys for your input. I,m getting a RR-RX10D and that has a JT580LP bridge and want to change to a OFR or a Schallar but dont witch one is better. (I do alot of pull-ups)........... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                      X