Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don\'t touch that damn truss rod!!! RANT

[ QUOTE ]
    My electrics seem to require adjustment twice a year. I had tons of relief at the 8th fret. I tightened it just over a quarter turn and it is sitting at .010 again. I will check it in a day or so to be sure it didn't move some more. I imagine sometime this fall I will have problems with all the notes fretting out or buzzing in the middle of the fretboard. At that time I will have to loosen the truss rod a bit over a quarter turn. This happens about this time every year, I don't imagine the cycle will change anytime soon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    My Fender Double Fat Strat seems to need an adjustment about twice a year, also. It mostly sits on a stand in my bedroom, though, and not in its case like my others, so it's more prone to the environment/temperature changes.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Adjusting a truss rod is so simple too. It's like tightening the lug nuts on your car. Just turn until it's snug and then give a good yank and you're all set.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

You also have to give the adjustement time to "set in" as the necks bow will change slightly for some time after the initial adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long should i let it sit?
        overnight?
        Guitars:
        Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
        Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
        Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
        BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
        ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

Comment

Working...
        X