Wet sanding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wet sanding?

Thanks for the tips, but I'm not at the finishing stage - I just wanted a cleaner way to remove the current finish without breathing poly dust (again) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

.....wear a mask? even the little dust masks are better than nothin.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Thanks for the tips, but I'm not at the finishing stage - I just wanted a cleaner way to remove the current finish without breathing poly dust (again) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh, now we see.

If you use some sort of wetter taking off the current finish, I would think it would clog your sandpaper with gunk.

Wetsanding is good for taking off a small amount of finish. If the paper clogs, it's not that big a deal because it will make the sandpaper take off even less.

Trying to strip a body, you want to get the old material away ASAP. I do this outside, hopefully on a windy day.

This last time I tried chemicals, and they couldn't take the poly down. I'm sticking to sanding for now on.

Comment

I could try Ken's alternate method - put a chip in the clear and dribble a dab of Tuner Spray in the chip, then let it flake off by itself [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X