Jackson pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pickups

I have a jackson(LPHM 10)pickup i was going to use to replace the duncan designed pickup a buddy has in his jackson v.I would think the jackson pickup would have a better tone the the duncan designed.Any opinions?
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: Jackson pickups

never heard of that p/up before (the jackson), how old is the p/up, older jackson p/up's sound great, not so keen on the newer ones, anyone else with more knowledge of jackson p/ups?

Comment

i had a usa jackson that the pickup came out of and the guitar was new in in 2001.The body had a purple/blue ghost flame design on it.I no longer have that guitar but i put in a SD screaming demon in it and kept the older pickup that came out of it.the pickup name is on the back of the pickup.

Comment

It's a cheap import pickup, probably comparable to the Duncan Designed... not really bad tone but a little weak in output IMO. My '94 Dinky HX (and the other one I had) both came with a LP-HM 10.2 in the bridge and a LP-38 10.0 in the neck.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was going to take out the DD pickup he has in his jackson now and put in the jackson pup for 40.00...I guess I cant do that to the boy.

Comment

Working...
          X