Any experience with a Peterson VS-II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with a Peterson VS-II?

Are these virtual strobe tuners all they promise to be, or are they just not a replacement for the real thing? Has anyone here used one?

Re: Any experience with a Peterson VS-II?

[ QUOTE ]
    Are these virtual strobe tuners all they promise to be, or are they just not a replacement for the real thing? Has anyone here used one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crooks has one, and we used it for the last demo. They're insanely accurate, although I haven't used a "real" one in so long I'm not sure how to compare.

They smoke the regular tuners - even the good ones - for accuracy, though. It _is_ a bit of a pain to use...
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

the accuracy of those things is so precise, it gets to the point of mathematical impossibilty. it can tune a note to 1/1000th of a cent. the natural vibration of a string when you tune it is enough to throw the note too sharp or too flat. so its almost "too" accurate if you know what i mean

still, theres nothing better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love it... everyone that has to use it hates it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a Korg rack mount, Boss stomp, a few portable tuners, a tuner in the G-Force, a tuner in the POD XT and the Bass POD XT.... the Peterson is more accurate than all of them.

The only downside is that it takes longer to tune because it doesn't say you are in tune when you are slightly out like all the others.

I love it for recording, but I'd never use it live because it would take too long. Also, it eats batteries, so the AC adapter is highly recomended.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I had one for a short while, but sold it. Damn accurate, but found it too tedious to use ie. could NEVER get a rock-solid reading while tuning. Tried the usual tricks of using the neck pickup, no tone, low volume - no damn difference. Just one guy's opinion...
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I just got a guitar with the Buzz Feiten system and thanks to info from the Forum last week, ended up getting the slightly cheaper Strobostomp.

Everything said above is true...much more accurate, but takes a little longer to get it so the strobe stops (since its so precise).

Comment

I have the VSAM(like the VS-II but with a tone generator and metronome). I use it for doing guitar repair, since it truly IS much more accurate than any other digital tuner. It really is versitile as well. But like many people here have said, I would never use one live. Way too hard to tune fast and accurate enough in a live situation.

Comment

I was completely prepared for the strobe purists to hate this thing for not holding up to a real strobe tuner or something, not complaints that it is too accurate! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So, that answers my question. I broke a Boss TU-12H this weekend because I got tired of trying to intonate one of my guitars.

Comment

Working...
                X