DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan

I think Duncans are made a lot better than Dimarzios.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      DiMarzio is evil.They got the rights to produce paf's by suing gibson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually AFAIK Dimarzio registered the name "PAF" before Gibson, and after in the 80s when Gibson reissued the "Paf" pickup they forced them to change name thus the pickup became the "classic '57"...

Wicked! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more appalling is their trademarking of Double cream even though everyone had them for years.. until DImarzio decided to play dirty everyone was able to make them... now they have to "cheat" (ex. SD´s "Loosely Soldered Covers" option) or pay royalties or do without.... I was a Dimarzio fan and dealer until I heard of this, and it took all of an hour for me to drop that dealership. I haven´t looked back since, SD has had much better service since day 1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My boycot of Dimarzio goes so far that I refuse to buy a new guitar with one in it, because the company that produced the guitar paid Dimarzio for the pickup. That means no PC1s for me... but so far I´ve done well without [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got the best of both worlds in my 7-string... a Duncan Custom in the bridge and a DiMarzio Blaze single coil in the neck. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I still prefer DiMarzio, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The fact that they are able to trademark a certain bobbin color is such [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] anyways... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh Veli, you crazy slut. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh Veli, you crazy slut.

Comment

I have both myself. No real preference.
                Good deals with:
                Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

I like them both depending on the model although I like Andersons better than either of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X