Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bengal finish on my Dinky

[ QUOTE ]
    Those look great! How durable are the Krylon Clear finishes on bodies?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about Krylon paint durability, ask Kaptain Krylon (NEWC) about it as he has used it many times. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Duplicolor acrylic lacquer is what I used on those two above. I sold the white and black Lynchesque Kramer Bengal, and gave the silver and blue JS20 Bengal to my sister and it is holding up well.
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      When you repaint a car, unless there's terminal rust and bondo underneath the paint you always just "scuff sand" the top coat. This give the new paint something to adhere to.

[/ QUOTE ]

right on.

This is why he didn't want you to strip it...and why the price is low. Is your guitar in good shape?? ie. no dings?

I have painted cars and guitars...and have actually done a bengal finish before too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

This is why he didn't want you to strip it...and why the price is low. Is your guitar in good shape?? ie. no dings?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Man, that's a great looking bengal finish!!! Did you completely paint the body in yellow and then mask off the stripes? That looks killer!

Here's a photo of my Ibanez. Yes, it has a mild ding on the corner of the body near the tone pot, you can see how the sharp edge looks rolled a bit. That's where it took a hit when it fell from a rack. The paint is chipped down to the wood there and in a few other spots.

E = Fb

Comment

^^^Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
          Did you completely paint the body in yellow and then mask off the stripes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that's exactly how I did it...very time consuming.

Comment

Did you have some type of template or was it all done free-hand? Did you draw it out with a pencil first and then retrace your outline with tape?
            E = Fb

Comment

Nope, no template...all free hand...that's what I mean by time consuming. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

update...decided to go one hum with volume. Painter guy says he can fill in the tone, 5-way and 2 single coils for about $50 bucks. AND it should be done in about a week. All in all, $180 and no shipping fees or long wait....I just hope they turn out right. I'll have before and after pics when its done.
                I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Sounds like a killer price!

Comment

Quick update, been in the hospital for a week, found out I have Diabetes!!! Yeah, Yeah, anywho, onto more important things...I'll be calling the body shop tomorrow to see if my bengal is ready.
                    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Sorry to hear about the diabetes bro.
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Holy shit thats one awesome finish! sorry to hear about diabetes, one of my best friend's is its victim. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys, just hafta make a few lifestyle changes. Called the shop, they said give 'em a few more days.

Comment

Working...
                          X