Dimarzio Evolution Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Evolution Pickup

I finally bought a new pickup to replace the SD JB humbucker in my Soloist. I havn't installed it yet but Does anyone have this pickup in a Sl-1 or USA Jackson. I would really like to hear some reviews.
    This space for rent

Re: Dimarzio Evolution Pickup

I had years ago installed on my old crappy peavy predator and it sounded great.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I tried one out in my 2001 SL1 about a year ago, and I wasn´t too pleased with it. But I´m not a fan of high-power pickups, and I thought there was something strange going on with the mids. I can easily understand why alot of people love it, though.

Comment

The Evolution is a great lead pickup, but I didn't care for it for rhythm. I'm a big JB fan so our tastes are probably quite different. I love the JB in my SL1.
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

<font color="red">I also found it oddly midrangey & agree it's better for lead than rhythm!! I much prefer the Dimarzio P.A.F.(NOT the P.A.F. Pro yuck ewww)for a medium output hum or the Tone Zone for a higher output hum!! </font>

Comment

I thought about the tone zone as well so i will probably stick the tone zone in another guitar. I can't wait to get evo in my guitar.
            This space for rent

Comment

I have a couple of guitars with Evo's, including a Charvel. I love 'em. I find the Evo to be high gain, screaming, singing and very touch sensitive. I can see why Vai likes it. It's in my top 3 favorite pickups.

I have the Tone Zone in another guitar (RG) and love that, too.

Comment

sell me your JB!
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have tried a Koa bodied 1996 Charvel San Dimas with a DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge and an Evolution in the neck. It was an amazing sounding combination.

Comment

Sorry Dreamland but i am giving it to a buddy of mine for his ibanez. thanks guys.
                    This space for rent

Comment

I tried the EVO in one of my guitars, and I was very impressed with it for awhile. But, for my taste, nothing beats a Tone Zone. Anyone know a good Dimarizo neck pickup to match up with the Tone ZOne being in the bridge spot? I've got a PAF Pro in the neck spot, and it's not too bad, but the Tone Zone over powers it some. I know there has to be a better neck humbucker then the PAF Pro. Any suggestions?? Sorry for the hijack, BTW [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X