Action too low for bending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action too low for bending?

This is on my DKMG... this guitar is amazing... Ive got the action so low, that the studs are bottomed out. NO BUZZING ANYWHERE. Still surprised about that... but the problem is, on extreme bends, the string mutes out. Is my only option to raise the action a little?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Action too low for bending?

YES.

Comment

I would say so.
      Or if there'R just some spots buzzing, you can think of just "fret-job" this certain area.

Comment

Hold the bend in question and raise the bridge just until it stops grinding out, or just don't do that bend at that spot [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or you could just bend the note just before that point and push the trem back to raise the note higher.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Flatten the radius of the neck. Kinda messy, but I like thinking outside the box (unless it's freezing out there LOL!)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hold the bend in question and raise the bridge just until it stops grinding out, or just don't do that bend at that spot [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or you could just bend the note just before that point and push the trem back to raise the note higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

It mutes out on extreme pull ups too. Guess Ill raise it up just a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
            X