Wussy cry for help. Soloist electronics are a MESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wussy cry for help. Soloist electronics are a

This looks SO easy now. Your two schematics really clean the tangled mess up, and now I understand the instructions for soldering the white and green APC humbucker wires together... they go to tab #5!!

I'm assuming I can leave the "blue" wires (all the wires from tab #1 to the volume/tone pots and to the jack) completely alone and just swap the wires corresponding to #2, #3, #5, and #7. And I'm also assuming that #6 is already ground. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

WoW!!!! 1 hr. 11 min. from nothing to complete schematic. Nonamemx, good damn job! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Hell, I could have figured that out but it would have taken me 2 or 3 days! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm assuming I can leave the "blue" wires (all the wires from tab #1 to the volume/tone pots and to the jack) completely alone and just swap the wires corresponding to #2, #3, #5, and #7. And I'm also assuming that #6 is already ground. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume correctly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, you shouldn't need to do anything to #7 either,
        just #2,3, and 6 need swappage. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oops, I forgot I was leaving the Hot Rail in, so #7 doesn't need altering. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess you mean #2, #3, and #5 need swappage. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] #6 is the ground on the switch. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The schematic and the first labelling diagram came out nicely on my printer, so I'll use them as references when soldering. Thanks VERY MUCH again nonamemx, I'll update again when I've successfully swapped the pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If I attempted to solder anything in there with my gigantic solder gun all the wire covers would melt together and make me cry.

/emo

Comment

Dang, nonamex, you are GOOD!

Reading this has made me feel really good about paying someone to wire my guitars for me, because I would never figure this out.

Comment

Working...
              X