• Show
Clear All

Re: thinning necks?

Pics!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

great point; if you don't know what it is, leave it the hell alone! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I agree with Sully leave it alone there a enough guitars out there with the profile you would like. Why don't you( people that like to mod out guitars ) just buy guitars that you like the feel of rather then Destroy a guitar. When you FUCK it up its forever so sell it to someone then would love it and buy or build a guitar more to your liking.

Comment

If it's a SD, leave it alone for originality.

If it's a recent RR1, leave it alone because - despite what your hands may think they feel - it actually has the same neck profile as an SL1.

In other words, just leave it alone. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

If it smells like cologne leave it alone.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I thought this thread was about loosing weight. I guess the next discussion will be about thinning hair! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I got THAT covered.....no, wait, that's why it's thinning:It's not covered................
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hey, it's only wood...it'll grow back eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sand that heel down while you're at it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I agree with Sully leave it alone there a enough guitars out there with the profile you would like. Why don't you( people that like to mod out guitars ) just buy guitars that you like the feel of rather then Destroy a guitar. When you FUCK it up its forever so sell it to someone then would love it and buy or build a guitar more to your liking.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Its his guitar, not yours. He has no obligation to society as a whole to "keep it vintage" or whatever. He's talking about sanding the neck a bit, not hacking up the body or anything.

I mean its definitely not something I would do, I would sell it and get something closer to my liking, but there is no call for reaming the guy out. At least he asked how to do it right.

Comment

Get this tool at Sears or Homo depot.
                        Nice to have in the tool box.
                        http://www.castlewholesalers.com/cat...duct_id=313837

Comment

I would suggest..tho i'm not talking from any experince here..that you sand it too you r own tastes...sand it abit...give it a squeeze...see if it feels too fat on one side or not..decide where you wanna lose the excess wood...sand again....squeeze...ajust...etc

Comment

one thing that i've often noticed is that a guitar neck feels different when it's not mounted on a body compared to when it's strung up. i know it sounds retarded, but maybe it's just me.

and yeah, it's certainly his guitar to do whatever the hell he wants to it.
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I know what you mean, Sully. Been there, done that.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Interesting posts! Lol! Didn't think I'd get much of a rise out you all! Lol! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Even though I merely asking for help! But ya it is mine and I will do whatever the fuck I want with it!! It's my $ that's going into it!! Damn, my mom don't even tell my ass what to do!! I do agree that it would be stupid to butcher it!! That's why I'm asking you all on whats the best way to do this the right way, since I've never done this before! As for finding another one and selling mine?? [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] I'll send pics when I'm done "butchering!"
                                I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                                X