Floyd Saddle Intonation Screws - Stripped Thread Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annah
    Thanks for the info Don. I wonder why they're lighter. Poplar instead of Alder maybe?
    In a thread in the import section, we were talking about the Kevin Bonds axe being lighter because of better tone wood, but that axe is mahogany.

Not sure if Jackson is just sourcing out better wood or what, but it was a shock picking it up because it was so light.

I think it was a fixed bridge, which means no heavy trem, but also means more wood from lack of routing. Both of mine have trems, one OFR and one Schaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
      BTW, not all of the new ones say "Floyd Rose II", most nowadays simply say "Schaller" ... same baseplate, though, brass inserts and all

Brass? That's interesting. Are the inserts still "silver" in color?
      Any chance you could shoot a couple of photos of that base plate, front and back? Please
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'm sure the inserts are steel. They wouldn't last if they were brass.

Comment

Brass lubricate by itself, that's a good thing, but usually it's soft. I'm just keeping an open mind and want to know if "hardened brass" maybe exist.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The inserts are steel. The only part you really want to be brass, is the fine tuner screws. Like Jackson1 said, they sort of self lubricate, so they have very smooth adjustment.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
            X