No announcement yet.

Kelly Pro Project PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredibly cool!!! That's a really great color and the black bevels compliment it very well.
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

great work!!
      looks really well done and tasty!! I'd not mind giving this one a home...
      congrats!
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Wow, that is simpy awesome Scott! he is doing a fantastic job for you!

chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

They can't spell Rhoads correctly, but here's one that would be a nice companion for the Kelly Pro.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1988-Jackson-Ran...QQcmdZViewItem
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Looks like Buddy painted his beard orange too.
            Just wondering ... will he be adding black highlights? lol

Just kidding bro.
            The guitar looks great!
            It's would look REALLY nice with some EMG's.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Not a fan of EMG's, so that's out. The bobbin toppers may be a cool idea for black and orange zebras. We'll see. There may be enough orange on there already.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

.. lookin' awesome Scott!
                for sure a unique piece in development..

Comment

YES! Glad to see someone is FINALLY finishing this guitar off!

GO SCOTT!
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

Scott, from my personal experience, if the back plates are tight fit now (because you didn't mask the trem + control cavity) then file them smaller before you screw them in place. If they are snug or (too) tight and you mount them and tighten the screws, it could chip the clear coat when you remove them later on. They kinda cut into the clear coat over time and gets stuck there sometimes. It has happened to me, so just a little hint
                    +1

BTW lookin' KICK ASS!!!
                    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Awesome!!! Orange and black goes really well together, I'm looking forward to see it with all the hardware in place!
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Oh my, that's awesome Scott! I love that color! The stinger headstock is kickass - I always liked the Gibsons like that too.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666
                          YES! Glad to see someone is FINALLY finishing this guitar off!

GO SCOTT!
                          Yeah Joel, it was a shame to let it sit unfinished for so long. I am waiting for Buddy to get it back to me. Should be any day now.

I have most of the parts to finish it up. I still need a couple things. I'll probably let it sit a while to make sure the finish is totally cured before I start assembling it.

Peter, Anders and Len, thank you!

Tim, the stinger was a last minute addition and Buddy was like, "hell yeah, I can do that for you".
                          I'll see you in Tex-ass in a couple weeks. Did you get the Hotel info I sent you?
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

WOW i love it!
                            If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Got the guitar back a few days ago. It looks great, not GMW great, but then again, I didn't pay 5 or 600 bucks either. The neck is like glass as is 99.9% of the finish. I am happy as hell with it. This is a cool guitar on a budget. I installed the locking nut. The logo is placed too close to the high E tuner but I don't care. Buddy did his best to place it properly. He didn't have a TR cover to test fit and he was afraid to get too close to that end with the logo.

The Floyd tools and stinger. That is a weird reflection in the stinger, not orange showing thru.

Front shot. There are a couple high spots, but they are right where the pickup rings will cover, so no sweat.

Back shot. I test fit the covers and they fit on and off easilly.

Full shot.

I am waiting on some parts from Dave, and then I will begin the full assembly.
                              Scott

Comment

Lookin' good!
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X