No announcement yet.

H-S-S config - you use the middle S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Henrik! Here is an updated page that goes more indepth of its specs and features.

http://zeus.lunarpages.com/~jimshi2/...stom_j0130.htm
    Last edited by Jim Shine; 06-27-2006, 02:18 PM.

Comment

i find that the middle pickup is quite useful if ur doing like say any kinde of arpeggiated picking when doing like main riffs verses etc if i'm sweeping i'll either do neck or bridge...i use it sometimes like this because it sounds like a bridge pickup pretty much but the gain is backed off so its easy to just fklick on the middle so that ur chordal picking doesn't get too drowned out by gain and retains some clarity

Comment

Anyone ever try switching the wires on the two singles so you can play the Bridge HB and the neck SC at the same time?
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

you can do that anyway with a model 4 or 6 thats the one thing that the multiple toggle switches are good for coz you can get a huge array of tones

Comment

sod's law dictates that if i have something like a middle pup, i don't need it, but do need it when it's not on the guitar. i'd agree with the suggestion of lowering the middle pup if i don't have a use for it at that point in time.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I tend to like the middle pickup.
              It adds range and allows me to get more out of the guitar.
              I hate having to change guitars mid set. Just lazy I guess.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine
                Thanks Henrik! Here is an updated page that goes more indepth of its specs and features.

http://zeus.lunarpages.com/~jimshi2/myguitars/J0130/soloist_custom_j0130.htm
                Thanks, i had not seen that! Man, talk about dissecting a guitar! I love the info and it's great that you solved all of its mysteries.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I've been enjoying the sounds from an HSH setup on my Ibanez RG. It's wired so that the 2 and 4 postions are the middle pu and a single coil of the Bridge and Neck, respectively. For the cover band I'm in, it's a nice setup to have. I personally prefer HH or HS setup, but with the single coil, it's hard to find a nice balance between the bridge and neck sometimes. I don't use the middle pu by itself very often....

Comment

I use the center single quite a bit but there is a vol drop when used with either hum or just by itself,which seems odd to me because I use a DiMarzio PAF pro8.9k(N) HS-3 23K (M)Super D(B)13.6K all are on separate toggles.Why does the HS-3 sound so weak? I have wired it in and out of phase and still it had a vol drop.Guitar sounds great tho'huge tone.
                    My fave is 1 hum 1 single
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                    X