No announcement yet.

EMG 89 Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody email Rick at EMG and find out. He's usually pretty good in responding within a day or two. [email protected]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The EMG 89 has 2 seperate outputs that why its has to be used with a push/pull pot or a toggle switch to turn on either the H/S.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
        Here's my guess;

I'm not a pick-up expert but from what I know an active emg hum consists of a usual hum (I mean a passive one) and a pre-amp circuit. The 89 can be a pick-up with a usual splitable hum and 2 different pre-amp circuits for the sa and the 85
        Aah, that could explain a lot. Clever thinking!

Comment

I talked with a few people at the EMG booth this weekend. The 89 has three coils in the housing. Two for the humbucking side and one for the single coil. The coils are side by side and not stacked.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm
            I talked with a few people at the EMG booth this weekend. The 89 has three coils in the housing. Two for the humbucking side and one for the single coil. The coils are side by side and not stacked.
            Hmm. Then their product description in the Q&A section is completely inaccurate.

Comment

Working...
            X