yea, it's doable.....

Hail yesterday

Comment

Blasphemy!!!

Comment

Blasphemy!! He said it again!!
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I have a second Humbucker in my JRS1. Routing a cavity for a SC is way more difficult cause
          you definately have to refinish the guitar plus you have to be way more precise. With a Humbucker
          its a lot easier, but still there is some chance that you end up with cracks in the finish caused
          by the vibration of the router. Not very likely though.

Of course, if the routing turns out very bad I would just screw a pickguard on top. No problemo.

Anyway, I think every guitar needs a neck pickup. Otherwise you just cant play Arpeggios on it and its
          of no use. Take no prisoners, drill the hole in!

Last edited by max; 11-15-2006, 05:53 PM. Reason: Its 'pickguard' not 'prickguard' :lol:

Comment

I'll definitely try it out with one pickup for some time first.. It just looks right
            Then I'll be able to tell after a while if it's something I'll be able to live with or not.. Either way.. I'm not selling this one.. I love it already.. Just look at it

Comment

Ok, one of you guys have to change your name! All this Henrik calling Henrik Henrik and Henrik calling Henrik Henrik shit is just confusing the hell outa me!
              How about Henrik1 and Henrik2 ?

Seriously, I don't usually have a problem with modding imports, but that is a clean first year production model 1. I'd probably leave it a single hum. Why don't you find a model 3 (usually pretty cheap) and fill in the middle single coil route? Just an idea.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

mm, I did look at one model 3, but I didn't like the pickguard there.. It looked so much nicer without, tomy eyes anyway! And there IS something special about guitars with one pickup

Edit: As long as you don't call me Henrik 5 I'm happy... That's what we call Henry the fifth here. I'd like to think I'm a tad nicer to my lady than he was
                Last edited by Guitardude86; 11-15-2006, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
                  I have a second Humbucker in my JRS1.
                  D'OH!

Sorry, I really like the very rare JRS1 as is

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                  How about Henrik1 and Henrik2 ?

How about Henrik and Guitardude86?
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

What? People are callig you by your name but they can't call me that? Nobody calls you Jackson1do they?
                    You know what dude, you win on the "my post-count is bigger than yours" rule

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                      What? People are callig you by your name but they can't call me that?
                      Perfectly fair, considering you guys got all the oil
                      Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        D'OH!
                        Sorry, I really like the very rare JRS1 as is
                        The JRS1 isnt rare. They were all over the place in europe. You can still buy new ones for under 1000 Euro while you cant get an SL1 in whatever fugly color for under 1800 Euro here.
                        But I guess thats how the rarity thing works most of the time:
                        First nobody wants them. Then nobody has them. Then somebody says they are rare and people go "Yeah, he's right...I want one..."

I only paid 400 Euro for mine and liked the sound and the look of it...only they forgot to put the second pup in. But I admit I would drill a hole in just about any guitar that only has one pickup and sounds and plays good, rare or not.

Comment

I have never seen one here in Denmark. And I have seldom seen anyone mention it here on JCF. Point me to one, please

EDIT:
                          Just did a completed search for Jackson jrs-1 on eBay.com + eBay.de = nothing.
                          Tried Google = very little info.

Point me to one, please
                          Last edited by jackson1; 11-15-2006, 05:20 PM.
                          Henrik

Comment

K, you're in Denmark. Maybe the guys at Jackson figured : "Hmmm, this guitar isnt as good as we thought it would be...let's just ship them all to Germany!"
                            Seriously: the neck shape is kinda strange and the fretting was so bad that I actually had to bring it to a guitar tech to level the frets. The saddle sucked too and the guitar was out of tune after playing three notes (I put locking tuners in...that helped). Now its a decent guitar, mainly because it looks killer. I wouldnt recommend spending serious money for one though.

Comment

Working...
                            X