Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
    Thank you, Rob
    No, thank YOU for providing all that great info for us!!!

And Ill snap a few pics of the trem... the 580 saddles fit PERFECT and beings that they have the short fat string lock screws, theyre tight in the baseplate and will fit the trem rout perfect.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah, please do some pictures of your mod. If you'll let me, I could add that piece of info to the TIP page. More 570 owners has popped up lately and they would benefit from your experience.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Here ya go guys, feel free to use them Henrik!

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Great job, Rob! What's the verdict? 100% working mod? Have you mounted the trem on a guitar and tried it out?

EDIT: I'm especially interested in how this bridge intonates. Like where the saddles end up when adjusted for correct intonation.

EDIT2: And let me get this straight: Where did the parts come from (saddles + locking bolts)? Surely not from a JT-580 like hinted above. JT-500?
          Last edited by jackson1; 12-22-2006, 03:53 PM.
          Henrik

Comment

I havent installed it yet... but Ive got absolutley no doubt that it will intonate perfect. After double checking your site, the saddles did come from a JT500 from a Performer Kelly. The saddles and locking screws were the only parts I used off the JT500, everything else is the JT570. I would say that now, essentially, this bridge is now a JT590!

Ive also got something else Im working on for you too. While I had the ol' parts bin out, I decided to take pictures of all 4 different types of saddles (OFR, JT500, JT580LP, JT570) next to each other from a few diffent angles. Once I get them all situated and organized, Ill post it up for you!

Ill also post pics of the final intonation positions once installed, probably within a day or two.

Comment

I recently put a set of Schaller saddles on a Gotoh non-locking trem. Worked perfectly, and no intonation problems. The only problem I ran into was that the slots in the trem base weren't wide enough for the Schaller string lock screws. I replaced them with a set of OFR screws and all is well. Yeah, a lot of work to fix up a cheap trem but what the hell.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Cool stories. I guess, if you don't have parts laying around, these mods are quite expensive, right? Like having to buy 6 new saddles + 6 locking bolts...

Rob, I put your info and pics up on the TIP page. Just hit the JT-570 link. Let me know if you want anything changed.
                http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                  And Ill snap a few pics of the trem... the 580 saddles fit PERFECT and beings that they have the short fat string lock screws, theyre tight in the baseplate and will fit the trem rout perfect.
                  Here ya go guys, feel free to use them Henrik!

....... After double checking your site, the saddles did come from a JT500 from a Performer Kelly. The saddles and locking screws were the only parts I used off the JT500, everything else is the JT570. I would say that now, essentially, this bridge is now a JT590! .....
                  I was just about to say, those aren´t 580 saddles but JT-500 /Cheap schaller knockoff pot metal saddles. The main difference between teh 2 setups is that the 500 saddles are slightly warmer in tone, tuning stability is comparable. Not necessarily bad, my Rhoads has the exact same setup to warm it up a bit. But it´s also not a 590 as a result, more like a 581 and a half.

Comment

Working...
                  X