No announcement yet.

Crazy Pickup Idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you switch them your poles won't line up. You'd be putting a trem-spaced p-up in the neck position and a regular spaced p-up in the trem position. They'd sound better if you left them as is.

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants View Post
      If you switch them your poles won't line up. You'd be putting a trem-spaced p-up in the neck position and a regular spaced p-up in the trem position. They'd sound better if you left them as is.
      My pickups aren't tremspaced though

Comment

There is a Duncan Jazz pickup actually made for bridge position. They are not too popular in the rock and metal circles, but that pickup is very full sounding, low gain obviously. But that's what make the Demon so good, it's a medium to low output and sounds great with a high gain amp.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks for the help all, but now this isnt gonna happen I was soldering my JB to the volume pot today, and I just needed my mom to hold a lfat head screw driver o nthe wire so when I soldered it there was soemthing to hold it until the joint formed. Well I'm solderign and she twitcehs for whatever freakin' reason, which hits my hand, which cause me to hit the jacket with the soldering gun and burn not only through it but through half the wires before i could get it off due to there being solder on the gun. So now I dont have enough wire left to do this.

Comment

That sucks bro. But it can probably be fixed. I've put a lot of wire extentions on pups that had wires too short. I hope your pup isn't screwed beyond recognition?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              That sucks bro. But it can probably be fixed. I've put a lot of wire extentions on pups that had wires too short. I hope your pup isn't screwed beyond recognition?
              Oh, it has enough to be used at the bridge (I have it electric taped to the correct spots now so I know it still works) It would take a lot for it to work in the neck. How do you do wire extensions?

EDIT: I'm thinking of putting a Seymour Duncan '59 or APH-1 Alnico II Pro or a DiMarzio PAF DP103 at the neck. Thoughts? I would prefer a more vintage tone at the neck with the JB at the bridge..
              Last edited by CharvelRocker; 01-26-2007, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Well you have to buy some decent wire (is the orig wire shielded?) and
                next get some of the right size of shrink-wrap tubing (no electrical tape
                puhlease) and... rant: Buy yourself a 25-30 watt pencil soldering
                iron made for delicate electronics and you won't go melting through any
                more pickup wires. /rant off.

Hope it all turns out well.

Son Of Spy
                1976 Gibson Mk53
                1988 Charvel Model 3
                1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

+1. I would also suggest investing in some kind of mounting jig. I don't know what they're called in english, but there are like these little stands with a heavy base, that have clamps on telescopic arms that you use to keep stuff in place while soldering. That way you won't have to rely on someone else to hold stuff down for you.

It sucks to sit there all on your own, holding down wires with one hand, the soldering iron in the other hand, and trying to apply solder using your teeth. Get some equipment to make your soldering life easier.

Comment

Anyone use of of those Cold Heat Soldering Guns or whatever they're called. I was looking at maybe getting one of those. I'll look into something to hold things down with. For the bridge pickup a crocdiel clip will probably work wont it?

Comment

Working...
                    X