floyd rose question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Could be the neck heel is more shallow. Also, I've noticed my Floyd's block is a 37mm and not the typical 42mm of most non-recessed Floyds. That explains why my Floyd was closer to the body, too, when it was floating.
    That could be it too. I didn't think of the size of the block when I was ranting...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Quote:Originally Posted by Bengal
      The Charvel EVH is shipped with the trem set to dive only. BUT, the bridge doesn't sit flat to the body, IIRC. It's higher in the front, by the posts, and the back angles back to the body. (If I'm wrong, someone will tell me I'm sure) I'm pretty sure my old Peavey Wolfgang was the same way. Not flush with the body, but angled backwards...

Taken directly from the Floyd Rose website:
      "Step 6:
      When the strings are at the desired pitch, check to see if the bridge base plate is sitting parallel with the top surface of the guitar. If the base plate is tilted forward away from the body, you must tighten the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws clockwise and repeat step 4. If the base plate is tilted back toward the body, you must loosen the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws counterclockwise and repeat step 4. [Step 6 only needs to be done on initial setup of the bridge or if you change to another gauge of strings or change to a different tuning.]"

To answer your question "What does the quote from the website have to do with anything?" ... it proves that you obviously don't even know how to set up your own guitars.

Sorry your ego and reputation on this forum has just been compromised by your own assinine postings.

Take care.
      Last edited by Model1VH2; 08-01-2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

BTW ... funny how the original poster of this thread is no where to be found.

A simple pic would have put this topic to rest a long time ago.

Comment

HEY DICKHEAD,
          THEY COME FROM THE FACTORY THAT WAY! I didn't set them up that way. that's the way they come from the factory. God, are you fucking stupid or what? Or can't you read???

I'm not worried about my reputation. You've fucked yours enough. Do you see anyone else questioning what I've said? Nope. Anyone question what you have said? Yep. Who is the duchebag? You. Plain and simple...

I'll say it again. you're a fucking idiot...
          Last edited by Bengal; 08-01-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

It's called a vibrato. Not a trem.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              It's called a vibrato. Not a trem.
              I thought they were called whammy bars. :ROTF:
              -Rick

Comment

It's Vibrato arm!
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  HEY DICKHEAD,
                  THEY COME FROM THE FACTORY THAT WAY! I didn't set them up that way. that's the way they come from the factory. God, are you fucking stupid or what? Or can't you read???

I'm not worried about my reputation. You've fucked yours enough. Do you see anyone else questioning what I've said? Nope. Anyone question what you have said? Yep. Who is the duchebag? You. Plain and simple...

I'll say it again. you're a fucking idiot...
                  Hey Beegle,
                  Why the profanity?
                  Is your vocabulary as limited as your knowledge of guitars?

And btw, someone is "questioning what you've said" ... me.
                  Regardless of how your guitars came from the factory, the fact remains that they are designed to be parallel to the body, NOT jacked in the front as you have suggested. THAT was the purpose for quoting the Floyd Rose website. I suppose Floyd Rose is a "douchebag" too? lol

Comment

Why the profanity? Because. That's why. Don't like it? Tough...

I'll try this one more time. Everyone else here gets what I'm saying except you. So I'll go slooooooooowwwwwwww. Try to follow along....

I bring up the point about the EVH Charvel and the Peavey Wolfgang because I'm pointing out that most guitars, save for the Waynes and that old MIJ Strat I had, are designed to have the Floyd somewhat above the body. Even with the body? Yep. Now, the EVH and Wolfgang was designed with D-Tunas installed. So they have to be dive only or else the D-Tuna won't work. BUT, the guitars neck heel was designed to have the trem higher than the body. So to make it dive only, they have to crank down on the claw screws dropping the back end to the body. But the front still has to be higher to clear the neck and the frets making the guitar playable. Can your small little brain understand what I'm saying? That makes it hiked up a bit in the front. I know this because I set up a EVH in LA to make it float. It played just fine and the baseplate was even with the body. Like it should be. But as I said, that renders the D-Tuna un useable...

So maybe you should email Charvel or Peavey and tell them they got it wrong because you said so...

Yes, Floyds are designed to be parallel to the body. But you said guitars with top mounted trems have to be FLUSH with the body, flush meaing against the body. I'm pointing out that your wrong. They need to be off the body. A simple fact you can't comprehend. So we get off on the tangent above, which is really off base of the original stupidity you posted. But I remember, even if you don't...

Now, do me a favor. Explain to me why shimming the neck is the best way to set the action, not raising or lowering the trem. That's what you said, but you have yet to explain that. Please do. I'm wondering why they even make trem posts that raise or lower. If all you have to do is shim the neck to get good action. Please, fill me in on that one...

I'm done with you. You've proven yourself to be an idiot and I don't have the time or the patience to listen to your stupid comments any longer. But, unlike you, when I say I'm done, I mean it. Your an idiot, I'm not the only one to say that. But for some reason, you wanna keep waiving the red flag in front of the bull, even when it has you dead to rights and your ass is munched. So keep waiving the flag. Your just cementing your rep around here as a dumbass who knows NOTHING about guitars. Remember, I've been paid good money to set up guitars. So shove that one right up your stupid fuckin ass. I'm done with you...
                    Last edited by Bengal; 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Why the profanity? Because. That's why. Don't like it? Tough...
                      Fair enough ...
                      I can appreciate the fact that admin and moderators allow us to speak freely, but when it comes down to name calling and profanity, it usually reveals a lack of knoweldge and/or education.

I'll try this one more time. Everyone else here gets what I'm saying except you. So I'll go slooooooooowwwwwwww. Try to follow along.
                      I bring up the point about the EVH Charvel and the Peavey Wolfgang because I'm pointing out that most guitars, save for the Waynes and that old MIJ Strat I had, are designed to have the Floyd somewhat above the body.
                      Even with the body? Yep.
                      Oh! ... now the trem's suppose to be even with the body!
                      Sorta contradicting to all of your previous posts where you state the bridge is suppose to be jacked in the front, huh?

Dude, I'm sorry but your posts are all over the place with this topic.
                      Sad thing is ... you've done NOTHING to help solve the problems stated by the original poster.

Now, the EVH and Wolfgang was designed with D-Tunas installed. So they have to be dive only or else the D-Tuna won't work. BUT, the guitars neck heel was designed to have the trem higher than the body. So to make it dive only, they have to crank down on the claw screws dropping the back end to the body. But the front still has to be higher to clear the neck and the frets making the guitar playable. Can your small little brain understand what I'm saying? That makes it hiked up a bit in the front. I know this because I set up a EVH in LA to make it float. It played just fine and the baseplate was even with the body. Like it should be. But as I said, that renders the D-Tuna un useable...
                      I get what you're saying and yes, you are correct.
                      The front edge of the baseplate has to clear the body when the bar is brought down in order to function properly. However, if you look at your Wolfgang, you'll notice a route in the body along the front side of the trem. This route accepts the front edge of the trem when the bar is brought down, thus eliminating the need to raise the pivot posts for clearance and ...
                      to allow the bridge to remain flush with the body.

You did say you owned a Wolfgang, didn't you?

So maybe you should email Charvel or Peavey and tell them they got it wrong because you said so...
                      Hmm, "I said so" ... isn't that YOUR line? lol

Yes, Floyds are designed to be parallel to the body. But you said guitars with top mounted trems have to be FLUSH with the body, flush meaing against the body. I'm pointing out that your wrong. They need to be off the body. A simple fact you can't comprehend. So we get off on the tangent above, which is really off base of the original stupidity you posted. But I remember, even if you don't...
                      Flush to the body, or off the body is merely a matter of preference, I agree.
                      If I gave any indication that there's only one way to utilize a Floyd Rose tremolo, I sincerely apologize. That was not my intent, and in fact ... that was my whole arguement with Zeegler being so insistant that the Floyd Rose was a "floating bridge". It can be utilized to float OR flush mounted for dive-only depending on the application and/or the guitar.

Now, do me a favor. Explain to me why shimming the neck is the best way to set the action, not raising or lowering the trem. That's what you said, but you have yet to explain that. Please do. I'm wondering why they even make trem posts that raise or lower. If all you have to do is shim the neck to get good action. Please, fill me in on that one...
                      I never said that shimming the neck was the best way to set the action for all guitars. What I said (and what I've posted several times now) was that according to the original poster (you remember him, right?) he felt that raising the bridge would make his neck appear "straighter". This, to me, was an indication that he may have a problem with the pitch of his neck. I will be the first to admit that I could be totally off base with this assumption, but to me, the possibility was there and maybe worth checking out. Again, without pics there's no telling what the hell this guy's problem is and he has yet to respond with any follow-up info, so we may never know.

I'm done with you. You've proven yourself to be an idiot and I don't have the time or the patience to listen to your stupid comments any longer. But, unlike you, when I say I'm done, I mean it. Your an idiot, I'm not the only one to say that. But for some reason, you wanna keep waiving the red flag in front of the bull, even when it has you dead to rights and your ass is munched. So keep waiving the flag. Your just cementing your rep around here as a dumbass who knows NOTHING about guitars. Remember, I've been paid good money to set up guitars. So shove that one right up your stupid fuckin ass. I'm done with you...
                      Dude, you're way outta line.
                      Not only are you clearly immature and totally unprofessional, but you appear to have anger management issues as well.
                      If any of your so-called customers read your postings, I'm sure you'll need a second job to supliment your income.

Have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
                        The Charvel EVH is shipped with the trem set to dive only. BUT, the bridge doesn't sit flat to the body, IIRC. It's higher in the front, by the posts, and the back angles back to the body. (If I'm wrong, someone will tell me I'm sure) I'm pretty sure my old Peavey Wolfgang was the same way. Not flush with the body, but angled backwards...
                        This is absolutely true. My Charvel EVH is setup just like that. Every single one I've seen is like that. My Wolfgang was the same way. I'm pretty sure every Wolfgang I've encountered was setup that way as well.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Bengal, you're being a dick.

- Newc

Comment

Tim,
                            Read the whole post and you'll see why I don't care. You proved my point with the post above, since that's what I wrote. Thanks!

Comment

Tim,
                              Don't care. You proved my point with the post above. Thanks!
                              You are most welcome

- Newc

Comment

Tim,
                                You quoted me before I edited. Quick one you are...

Comment

Working...
                                X