What capacitor for tone pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What capacitor for tone pot

I don't think it really matters what pots you use. Most people use audio pots for volume and linear for tone.
    Carvin seems to do the opposite and has the volume control as linear and tone as audio. I'm not sure why they do this or what the difference is, though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
      Most people use audio pots for volume and linear for tone.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, maybe this will clear up a tech. expression i've been wondering about (english is not my language): i've seen pots referred to as "audio taper" and thought that they must mean "logarithmic". Did i assume correctly?

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Electronically the pot is about 99.9% bypassed when tone control is at maximum, so theoretically the sound would hardly be altered at all.

and to the ignorant american fuck who thinks "US of A" is the center of the universe and is so damn superior to all other countries etc etc: why don't you try to learn his language, just like he (and most of the entire world) learned yours??

you're the type of ignorant asshole who would go to china and btch about people speaking -your- language with a chinese accent. i've never heard about a chinese guy go to another country and btch about no one speaking chinese. and let's not even go into the "culture" that your country has imposed on the rest of the world............

[ June 18, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: delt ]
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt:
          i've never heard about a chinese guy go to another country and btch about no one speaking chinese............
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because he b1tched about it in Chinese to the other Chinese there and you couldn't understand him! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, going off on an anti-US tirade
          is no better than Fett picking on Immortal for his English. Would it solve anything for me to hurl French-Canadian slurs at you because you just slammed my whole culture just to insult Fett? I don't think so.

You probably feel your country, or maybe province since Quebec feels separate, is
          the best place; so do we in the US. I don't know which came first, the anti-US rhetoric or the US anti-foreign rhetoric,
          but it desn't really help anyone to piss fight about it all.

Fett was saying, in a smartass way, "We don't understand what you're asking". He didn't have to be a smartass about it, but Immortal DID need to know that his initial question wasn't understood completely, so he could rephrase it. Does that make sense?

To keep hostilities to a minimum, be aware that many nationalities post here,
          and it's "home" to us all, but most of us ARE Americans. Also realize that most of us are pretty open-minded, but if we see
          "Fuck the US" in a thread, we tend to reply in kind.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by delt:
            i've never heard about a chinese guy go to another country and btch about no one speaking chinese............
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because he b1tched about it in Chinese to the other Chinese there and you couldn't understand him! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, going off on an anti-US tirade
            is no better than Fett picking on Immortal for his English. Would it solve anything for me to hurl French-Canadian slurs at you because you just slammed my whole culture just to insult Fett? I don't think so.

You probably feel your country, or maybe province since Quebec feels separate, is
            the best place; so do we in the US. I don't know which came first, the anti-US rhetoric or the US anti-foreign rhetoric,
            but it desn't really help anyone to piss fight about it all.

Fett was saying, in a smartass way, "We don't understand what you're asking". He didn't have to be a smartass about it, but Immortal DID need to know that his initial question wasn't understood completely, so he could rephrase it. Does that make sense?

To keep hostilities to a minimum, be aware that many nationalities post here,
            and it's "home" to us all, but most of us ARE Americans. Also realize that most of us are pretty open-minded, but if we see
            "Fuck the US" in a thread, we tend to reply in kind.
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said. Iwas going to go off but decided to keep my comments to myself.

Comment

By Twisteramps:
              BTW Fett, quit fucking with the guy. I'm sure his posts are easier to read in this language than yours would be in his.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Have you tried reading most of Fett's in our language? Whatever it is that he speaks, I don't think it's English. Fett: if you don't have an answer to the guys question, why did you bother posting? Just trying to start something? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] He's just trying to learn man, let him be until he actualy starts something with you. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

&gt; You probably feel your country, or maybe province
                &gt; since Quebec feels separate

I do not support the separatist issue because it's based entirely on racism and ignorance. My opinion on it is mostly unprintable.

and yeah, sorry about dissing the u.s. in that other post, but it just pisses me off when americans think they're so superior to everyone else and that the u.s. is the center of the universe.... (sorry, saw the movie "independence day" lately) and i'll be the first person to admit that this north american society, Canada included, sucks.

This message board is about the only thing on the planet that doesn't suck [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

OUCH thats got to hurt!!
                  If you want a dark tone .047 It makes a JB very warm..022 is the most popular.Most factory set ups are .022.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X