No announcement yet.

guitar signal reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads up, but I did see this Korg DT-7 tuner at MF....and it says in the description that it has...

"a built-in buffer amp to eliminate "loading" effects normally found when playing through a tuner"

....so I assume this "buffer amp" is what you guys are talking about, and would work.

Get the guaranteed best price on Guitar Amplifier Cabinets like the Ibanez IS412C 4x12" Guitar Speaker Cabinet at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.
    Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
    Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
    Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

An Ernie Ball HighGain Volume Pedal should work also.

By the way, GC and MF own each other, and they're in the business of selling. I don't trust either of their technical advice, because it all relates to selling you something.

As for Rhoads' buzzy, insect-like tone: he also had an MXR Distortion+ going, and a Marshall
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dont listen to them. You wont lose signal strength. You may hear a little loss at 50 ft but not at 30 feet. The DI box is to change impedence because of the inputs on a console. GC kids are basically ignorant when it comes to advice about technical stuff.

Comment

If the signal loss is that pronounced I think I would invest in better cable, like Zaolla, before I bought a DI box just for that purpose.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
          X