Tragedy strikes Charvette trem block.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragedy strikes Charvette trem block.

I bougt a charvette a few weeks ago that just needed pickups. It's one of the early ones so I think it's MIJ. Great feel to the neck and I body actually looks like it's basswood. Yesterday I was pushed the trem down and the block broke into 3 pieces.:ROTF:
    I know the bridge sucked but what can I do to fix this. I don't want to spend a lot of money to say a cheap guitar. I do have a ibanez floyd rose(single locking where the string feeds through the back) but the block is the size for a recessed trem. I want to lock it down anyway.
    It is possible to use this trem or is there anything else I should look for?
    Thanks

If the Ibanez trem fits the posts and you plan on blocking the trem, I think it may work. Usually, the springs only pop out of a too-short block when you use the trem. I'd say it's worth trying if you want to get out of this without spending any money. One other thing to look out for: there may be intonation issues if the trem design has the saddles set at a different length from the knife edges and you run out of adjustment range.

If the blocked Ibanez trem doesn't work, is the original trem one of the JT-570 single- locking trems? If so, a block that fits a Schaller trem should work. I think they have the same baseplate as the JT-590.

Comment

You could throw a JT-6 on it...

Comment

A Schaller/Floyd block should fit. Should be 42 mm.if top mount.Base plates are the same.
        Now if it has the wide spaced real funky trem that I see on Charvette,BCR and others I'm not sure what block they use.How about a pic of the trem in question?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I don't want spend alot of money to polish this turd though I love the neck:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
          X