Leaving the spring cavity cover off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellbat View Post
    it stops the springs from ripping out pubes when you do pulls ups playing naked.
    ouch!!!!!!!

Comment

I always put the cover back on, I hate it off. I've also never had to tweak the spring claw at a gig. In fact I have several Jacksons that stay pretty much in tune from gig to gig and thats playing in an 80's hard rock cover band where some songs require quite a bit of Floyd use. Are you guys seriously tweaking springs between sets during gigs?
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I took it off as the guitar sounds more open without it... why are you staring at me like that?

Comment

Originally posted by 77CUSTOM View Post
          Yeah, but when your playing out and need to tweak in between sets or songs for that matter, you don't have a lot of time to pull out your battery operated driver, pull six screws, place them somewhere they won't get lost, tweak, install cover and screws.....ect.
          Your trem should already be set and shouldn't need tweaking of the spring claw between sets or songs. If the guitar goes out of tune during a song, that's what your backup guitar is for and then retune between sets (well, at least that's what I do). I've read somwhere that leaving the rear cover off adds extra tone to the guitar but I really don't see how. I leave my covers on. In fact, I'm looking for a cover at the moment to put on a SDK2 that I just bought and didn't have it on with the guitar.

Comment

I take mine off, put a thin piece of foam on top of the springs, then the cover goes back on to hold the foam in place. I hate the reverberating sound of springs!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I take mine off, put a thin piece of foam on top of the springs, then the cover goes back on to hold the foam in place. I hate the reverberating sound of springs!
              Aha! Now that's a functional reason that makes sense to me, even if it's not something that bothers me personally.

Comment

I take them off, and use them as replacement shingles on my work shed of doom.

Enter the shed.

Go ahead.

I dare ya!

And now, a random silly cartoon:

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

I don't take any plates off my guitars unless I have to. I've only ever had one guitar with squeeking trem and/or reverberant springs. It was a BC Rich, and haven't played one since.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
                    Your trem should already be set and shouldn't need tweaking of the spring claw between sets or songs. If the guitar goes out of tune during a song, that's what your backup guitar is for and then retune between sets (well, at least that's what I do). I've read somwhere that leaving the rear cover off adds extra tone to the guitar but I really don't see how. I leave my covers on. In fact, I'm looking for a cover at the moment to put on a SDK2 that I just bought and didn't have it on with the guitar.
                    I've got some covers at the house. Send me your info and I'll ship you one. Give me the correct dimensions, I have a few different sizes.

Comment

I have my covers on. If you have to tweak it at the job you didn't do a good job of it in the 1st place and will probably really screw it up on the fly.

Comment

Covers on here. The guitars came with them, so they belong there. That's how my mind wraps around it anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by 77CUSTOM View Post
                          I've got some covers at the house. Send me your info and I'll ship you one. Give me the correct dimensions, I have a few different sizes.
                          PM sent, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X