No announcement yet.

Jt580lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Im not sure its as good as a Schaller... I guess that would really be matter of opinion though. On the other hand, the OFR is of no better quality than the Schaller. They are different construction, the OFR has a hardened base, the Schaller has a cast base with replaceable hardened inserts. The Schaller takes up less room and requires less routing, the OFR takes up more. Its really just about prefrences when it comes down to it. I will say that non-Takeuchi JT580's are junk, including the "upgraded" ones of today.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I wont worry about replacing it with an OFR then. what about genuine takeuchi parts, can you get those?

Comment

just out of interest and a little off topic, does anyone know if this Takeuchi company that made these trems is the same as the Takeuchi company that make construction plant equipment?

Comment

phill, TRS parts are Takeuchi parts. I believe guitarpartsdepot.com carries TRS parts!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

We have the Takuchi trem at work. Its being distributed by All Parts. I've thought about pickin a couple of them to have just incase. But then i work at GC. So i can always get one as long as we keep stocking them. Plus they're about 2/3 the price of the OFR.
            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
              We have the Takuchi trem at work. Its being distributed by All Parts. I've thought about pickin a couple of them to have just incase. But then i work at GC. So i can always get one as long as we keep stocking them. Plus they're about 2/3 the price of the OFR.
              Gil
              You dont have a sku# or a GC# do you?
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Cool, I think I want to try out one of this.
                I took an original Takeuchi JT580-LP out of my 1995 Jackson RVS,
                (it needed restored and I'm not good at that kind of stuff) I was going to put in a Floyd Pro - would this TRS Pro go in with no mods??
                All Parts Japan

it is available at Guitar Parts Depot for $190.00 for Black.

Comment

Working...
                X