Wanting to make some changes to my RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know - I'm ashamed .

I have changed the strings on my Jackson though! I also managed to sort the trem. It was pointing forward to such an angle that it was unuseable. Took ages though. Quarter turn of the screw at the springs - retune, Another quarter turn, retune ....

My arms were bloody aching at the end - Jackson needs to bring in a robot guitar like Jackson
    [sigpic=true][/sigpic]My gear :

Guitars
    Gibson Les Paul Standard
    Jackson RR3 Pro series
    Epiphone Prophecy EX
    Kramer Striker
    Amps
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Fender Frontman 15R
    Peavey Valveking 212
    Effects
    Zoom G9.tt
    Zoom 505

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiesneddon View Post
      Hi Martin,

PS for any Americans reading this thread - what does the gear reviewer from Guitar world magazine mean when he talks about "dimed"?
      I didn't read the review, but typically "dimed" means having your amp on "10." You probably know this, but a dime is 10 cents here in the USA.

BTW, you got a steal on that RR3. I have one, as well. I left the inlays and fingerboard alone (although I much prefer ebony). What I did was swap out the pups and electronics. I put in RS Guitarworks electronics and DiMarzio pups. I also had the guitar set-up by a local luthier. Plays like a dream.

Of note, there is nothing techinically challenging about changing the strings on a floating trem. It just takes more time than a hard tail.
      The Guitars:
      Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
      The Amps:
      Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Hi DocNrock,

Cheers for that info about dimed - never thought about that. I am from Scotland although I have been to your beautiful country quite a few times.

Guitars
        Gibson Les Paul Standard
        Jackson RR3 Pro series
        Epiphone Prophecy EX
        Kramer Striker
        Amps
        Marshall JVM 410C
        Fender Frontman 15R
        Peavey Valveking 212
        Effects
        Zoom G9.tt
        Zoom 505

Comment

Hi DocNrock,

Cheers for that info about dimed - never thought about that. I am from Scotland although I have been to your beautiful country quite a few times.
          Also, if you want info about guitar finishing, check out this site: www.unofficialwarmoth.com

I'm a huge fan of Warmoth, and have built a few of their guitars (Warmoth finishes), but there are some guys on this board that have done their own finishes that are absolutely fantastic. One of the sub-forums is on guitar finishing.

Good luck!
          The Guitars:
          Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
          The Amps:
          Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Thats a good site Doc,

Its a bit scary how much they look like the real guitars. I wonder how many warmoth LPs end up on ebay as Gibsons? They've even got the right number of screws on the truss rod cover - which is the usual giveaway on the chinese fakes.

Guitars
            Gibson Les Paul Standard
            Jackson RR3 Pro series
            Epiphone Prophecy EX
            Kramer Striker
            Amps
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Fender Frontman 15R
            Peavey Valveking 212
            Effects
            Zoom G9.tt
            Zoom 505

Comment

Thats a good site Doc,

Its a bit scary how much they look like the real guitars. I wonder how many warmoth LPs end up on ebay as Gibsons? They've even got the right number of screws on the truss rod cover - which is the usual giveaway on the chinese fakes.
              That'd be awfully hard to pass off a bolt-on LP as a Gibson. That said, I could see some Strats being passed off. But, I would bet they would be as good or better than a real Strat. Sad that someone would try that, however.
              The Guitars:
              The Amps:

Comment

Im sure that you could get that neck in there without screws if you wanted just to sell on ebay. Only has to last until you get the money.

Guitars
                Gibson Les Paul Standard
                Jackson RR3 Pro series
                Epiphone Prophecy EX
                Kramer Striker
                Amps
                Marshall JVM 410C
                Fender Frontman 15R
                Peavey Valveking 212
                Effects
                Zoom G9.tt