Not so great dealings with Floyd Rose Upgrades! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so great dealings with Floyd Rose Upgrades! :(

I have dealt with Adam from www.floydroseupgrades.com for what seems to be ages. I have raved about the Brass Big Blocks for OFR's and every single locking trem equipped guitar of mine has one.

He has always been fast in shipping and quick to respond to questions and emails.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when I bought a Brass Big Block for my MIJ Stratocaster. His website listed the options as USA, MIM and finally MIJ. I chose the last version but sadly when the item arrived not one single hole lined up!

Fast forward....

Adam called me the other day and sorted everything out! Refused any S&H charges and told me his #1 concern was his clients satisfaction!

As always a class act!
    Last edited by vklobucar; 05-07-2012, 06:58 PM.

That sucks. Maybe he's just out of town or something. Hope it works out.

Comment

Emails were bouncing back due to server issues.

Problem solved!
      Last edited by vklobucar; 05-07-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Dude, that truly sucks. It's not really the 57 bucks as much as how you feel when you establish long term, coolness with someone, and something like this happens. Hopefully, he's just busy with life and things will be resolved.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Payments are processed automatically, so yeah, it does make sense the transaction is marked complete on your end in a short period. He might still be waiting for PP to release the funds. Owning such a small business, he probably doesn't do it as his sole source of income.
          As well, if his business is booming, he may be swamped with a backlog of orders and has not had time to respond to your inquiry.

Depending on where he lives, he might be a displaced victim of a natural disaster.

He may also have been in an accident and is currently in the hospital.

He might have technical issues with his email provider.

Not everyone is out to steal your money and run. You're simply not that important
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Let's not be completely dismissive here. It's not like the guy emailed once, didn't hear back in an hour, then opened a case with Paypal and started screaming that Adam ripped him off. He tried to contact him over the course of a week, heard nothing and went to the next step.

That being said, have you tried to call him? I know Adam gave me a business card with my orders, and I'm pretty sure it had a number. Looking at his site, it lists 215-913-0783 as a contact number. Maybe give that a ring.

Adam is good people from my dealings, always got stuff out the door quick and at a good price. Hopefully you guys get this resolved, I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.

Comment

Problem solved!

Comment

Problem solved!

Comment

That makes me worry a bit. Has anyone heard from Adam recently? I've dealt with him a few times and he was always on the ball. The fact that he wouldn't reply to even a Paypal resolution case makes me wonder if something is up. Hope the guy is alright.

Sorry to hear about your situation though dude, it's the first time I've heard anything negative about FU, but at least you got your cash back.

Comment

If you do get a refund from paypal, you should return the product you got from him. If not, that's stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                      If you do get a refund from paypal, you should return the product you got from him. If not, that's stealing.

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                      Even if I am refunded my purchase price I WILL ship the ill fitting block back to him at my cost.

I want him to know that I am not some kind of thief or scam artist after all is said and done.
                      I think you're both on the same page. ;p

Comment

Resolved!

Adam did get the email from Paypal but mine were somehow not getting through to his inbox.

He asked me to ship back the incorrect block with my MIJ baseplate so that he can match up for me.

Thank God that is was just an email glitch after all.

I have always had wonderful praise for Adam and his products in the past and am glad that praise will carry on in the future too!

Comment

Glad it all worked out.

Comment

Adam just called me the other day to make sure that a few details were in order BEFORE he shipped back a new block.

You can not deal with a nicer fellow than him! He is so humble and dedicated to his craft and his clients too.

Class act all the way!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X