Possible scam......new member Neeradj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible scam......new member Neeradj

You can dispute PayPal from anyone for any reason and they will take the funds back and tie the whole thing up for at least a month. It doesn't matter what country, confirmed address, etc. PayPal sucks in a big way because of this very reason. The only way around it is to dispute the charge/chargeback at the bank, and then you WILL loose your PayPal acct. Been there, done that!

Basically, it doesn't matter who you're selling whatever to, if you use PayPal, anyone, anywhere at any time can dispute those charges. Let's just all be greatful that the majority of people doing buisness on-line are stand up folks!

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      One thing that hasn't been mentioned as a good reason for not taking Paypal from overseas: Neeradj says he beileves that once the Paypal payment is transferred to a bank account it can't be charged back; that's not true. When you link your Paypal and bank accounts so you can transfer money INTO your account from Paypal, you authorize Paypal to take money FROM your bak account as well. They can take the money in a chargeback, or freeze it if someone files a dispute, so while the dispute's ongoing your checks written on that
      cash bounce, for which Paypal and the buyer take no responsibility. This to me is a very good reason not to take international Paypal in particular.

I can understand the language barrier; I had a guy from Germany contact me recently on an auction that clearly said USA only, and he seemed to be giving orders in his tone as well. I decided not to reply rather than get into an argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I certainly never read that anywhere, but I do believe you. Why would anyone link their bank account to their Paypal account, wouldn't that just be asking for it or are there hidden benifits? I thought that if my money were the only money on his PP account and he'd take that away there'd be no money for me to take back, so there'd be no doubt about trusting me. Oh well, I've done my best and tried every possible way of paying him except Western Union (already explained). Although I still think it's very inpolite and selfcentered of TMD not apologizing I'm ending this rampage right now. I think I've won my trust back, and I hope to be dealing with any of you in the near future. I'm already in the process of buying a cab from j2973, and I notified him about this topic since it would only be fair. He seems to have no trouble believing me at all though. I even offered him the e-mails between TMD and myself

I'm a good and honest guy to work with, and I know various Dutch and German members on this board who ocassionally buy their stuff from the USA, with Paypal. I kindly request the next buyer or seller who contacts me or whom I contact to just say NO and speak the honest truth, if they feel bad or don't agree with me, before stamping me "scammer".

Oh and lerxstcat, I think you've done both yourself and the german fellow a huge favor by doing that. If TMD and perhaps another handful of people on this forum would be doing that, we'd have a lot less headaches [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Please don't use "AS WELL" in your sentence if you were referring to me, I published a huge part of my last mail while still dealing with TMD and thereby made clear I was giving no orders at all. I can give you every mail so you can verify for yourself

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Dude you are a scam sorry but I just have to say that. On a Dutch forum Dutch forum Mr Neeradj wants compassion from other members he is just a little manipulator. Not that I handled correct by reacting sarcastic.. but his behaviour is just making me sick as hell. He’s sucking up with almost everybody and thinks that anyone just like’s him. TMDiamondhead I’m on your side, the little prick is making you black.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure don't want to pick on anyone, but honestly codex, in this case I really think you should shut up. you are a junior member over here and act like you already know ALL THE INs AND THE OUTS and know all members personal and besides that you don't know sh!t about NeeraDJ. It happens to be that I know him a little bit from that dutch forum you were telling about and I know a little bit of the history. I think here is a form of miscommunication and some weird stories from bank and postalcompanies, because the problems both tom and Neera encountered are strange to me, and I have had some dealings with guitars shipped from the states to europe.

So Codex, shut up please and think before you are starting to write things about other people. Tom, Neera is definately NOT a scam and this is just an unpleasant situation

harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Suddenly I have the urge to smoke some crack or shoot up some heroin... and I've never done either before. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

My head hurts, yet I can't look away! Make it stop!
            www.kiddhavok.com
            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

This thread is like a train wreck on many levels.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                My head hurts, yet I can't look away! Make it stop!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sort of like the Anna Nicole Show! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can't turn away, but watching makes me feel so dirty! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Anybody else thinking "Methinks thou dost protest too much" ?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Anybody else thinking "Methinks thou dost protest too much" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what was on my mind when I asked "[What is the Shakespeare line?]"

But I have to say it does seem like a breakdown in communication.

Having said that, I personally continue to not deal with anyone outside the classifieds section, unless I know them, but that is just me.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Keith
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

no disrespect towards anyone outside of the US but this exactly why I wont to sell or buy from non-US user. One, its a hassle and two flying into a forign country to beat someones ass is a little more difficult than it is if I were to get screwed by someone here in the US [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think that's the problem, you think about getting screwed so much you forget this person might actually be honest, decent and nice. I don't know you, so I don't know about any trustissues you might have or troublesome things you've gone through, but if you haven't I would kindly request for you not to be so suspicious about us foreign people. Sure the're some scammers but 95% of us are decent hard working folk. Please keep that in mind, because we usually put equally if not more trust in you sellers than you put in us. Not counting the people I've dealt with, they were supernice and threaded me like I didn't even have a bad braincell

I hope this didn't sound like I was forcing you to do something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

not at all, there no offense taken. My point is that isn't worth the risk for me personally. It also is a pain for shipping through customs. There certainly are scumbags in this country who scam people as well. I just have more recoruse as a buyer and a seller if they are in the US.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

The bottom line is deal with who you know and can trust.
                            if you are not sure who you are dealing with, then go and check past posts and learn who he or she is.
                            Just like E-bay feedbacks.
                            It really doesn't matter where you live when it comes to people that you can trust.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              not at all, there no offense taken. My point is that isn't worth the risk for me personally. It also is a pain for shipping through customs. There certainly are scumbags in this country who scam people as well. I just have more recoruse as a buyer and a seller if they are in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn, I don't understand how shipping through customs is more of a pain for you. The only extra work involved is a customs declaration forms - one piece of paper. The one who feels the pain in international shipping is the receiver. The recipient has all the waiting to do and pays any extra taxes or brokerage fees that are required. That's a pain. In my experience, international shipping differs from domestic in one piece of paper only.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I shipped an RR to Chile, it took weeks to get done, and it was a PITA, but not for me.

I think it all comes down to who you can trust, that's it, bottom line. It doesn't matter how someone pays, nothing is 100% secure and safe.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X