Axtogrind a hidden talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axtogrind a hidden talent

Hello all I just met Keith axtogrind & we just did a very cool trade for the Kelly import he was wanting a Digitech Whammy for useing my conections at GC I scooped one up at cost, & got the refinished Kelly from keith & got to have a cool meeting finally with someone from The JCF. keith showed some concern with the neck warts as he put it , but the picks he put up of his refinish on the body don't do the guitar Jutice IMHO. the guitar body looks like brand new factory finish. We talked about where he could have filled little dings here & there before repainting it, but you really gotta get your nose up to the finish to see them.
    This was more than a great trade but cool to meet a fellow member. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Keith it was my Pleasure. Don't say I didn't warn you first about my apperance also [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I plugged the Kelly in as soon as I got home, & plays & sounds very good, I might still put some EMG's in her but I'm kinda diggin the tone I got so far.
    According To The Prophecy

Re: Axtogrind a hidden talent

<font color="aqua">Agreed, Keith is a great guy and I'd love to meet him someday, glad it worked out for you both! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Aww, man, you're gonna make me get all weepy and sh!t. But you hit one thing right on the head, bro: any talent here is very very well hidden! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

First thing I told my wife is what Chuk said about the finish. No kidding, telling me that it was like a factory finish is probably the nicest thing anybody has ever said about anything I worked on. I hope you're happy with it, I thought it sounded meaty - I dig the sounds those stock pups were making.

Now on to the cool stuff.

Of course Chuk is an A+ great guy, super nice, super patient (sorry I was late) and I came out on the better end of this deal, by far. I had never met anybody else from the JCF either, and it was fun and maybe next time when I'm here we can jam or at least break bread somewhere. Or if you get over on my coast, let me know.

Thanks, bro: [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] and thanks for letting me peek at that kick ass CS Warrior. I was good, I didn't get any drool on it! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Oh, and anybody who looked like this

doesn't get to comment on how ANYBODY else looks, ever.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Is that when Johnny Deep was in 21 Jump street I never knew he was into Music....

Comment

Keith, you need to put that in the Mullet thread! HAHAHA!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn..was this MY Kelly we are talking about?? Dammit LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Is that when Johnny Deep was in 21 Jump street I never knew he was into Music....

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, johnny depp plays guitar, and was in a band called the rock city angels back in the late 80s. they were the first band in geffen history to put out a double album as their debut, and he's got a writing credit on a song whose name escapes me.

but i echo the sentiments that keith is a really cool guy. chuck's pretty cool as well, and have had the pleasure of speaking with him.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  and he's got a writing credit on a song whose name escapes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it on the Chocolat (2000) soundtrack? He played guitar in some songs for that movie.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey Sully I remember seeing something about that on Johnny Deep now he started by leaving Fl. to go to California to get into music or something to that effect.
                    Thanks for the kind words see the rest of who all is going to NAMM aswell.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      and he's got a writing credit on a song whose name escapes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it on the Chocolat (2000) soundtrack? He played guitar in some songs for that movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

he may have, i'll check it out, as my gf has that disc. i was referring to a song on the rock city angels album.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I saw Tom Petty's Promo Video of "Great wide open" and Johnny Depp was a singer/guitarist in that video...

Comment

Working...
                        X