I'm a shitbag buyer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m a shitbag buyer.

Steve - I never doubted you and I never expected to be reading about this on the boards. I'm sure this took alot of balls and some of your pride to do this. I'm proud of you for that.

If I thought otherwise I would have made this thread in your honor months & months ago [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

For those wondering....
    This started with a deal me and Steve made on guitar - NAMM KV-1 BGF (only one ever made). When I had received a portion of the money I shipped the guitar out to him. We eventually got to a $200 balance on the guitar. That was back near the beginning of the year. Since then he's obviously had some rough times. I then made a deal with him that when he had a job and stable residence we would finish up with the payment then. Seemed fair and realistic to me.

Over the last year (starting with this guitar) I had to sell off all of my prized gear to keep a roof over my kids heads. I became unemployed in March and along the way had to deal with some very unsavory bill collectors. I never wanted to be that kind of person to Steve (or anyone else for that matter) so I've handled this totally differently.

Bad things happen to good people - I'm a prime example of that statement and I don't forget this when dealing with others who have had a hard time.

Steve has not failed in communicating with me - be it from a friends phone or someones office computer. I figured that if he really was trying to get out of upholding his end of the deal that he wouldn't go out of his way to keep me posted of what was happening with him.

In the future when this deal has been completed I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Steve again ( of course payment in full before shipping next time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).

I'm sure when the dust settles that everything will turn out fine. Gotta take care of yourself first. If you need any help or advice along the way don't hesitate to ask ! Don't give up, either. You've come down to getting everything off of your chest and now theres nothing stopping you.

(I had a much better & thoughtful post written before this but as I clicked the "submit" button internet explorer crashed [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] - hopefully the sentiment comes through ok in this one because I'm now a little strapped for time [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] )

Comment

steve,
      i don't know you, but in a way i know you very well.
      i hope you make it right for yourself.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Quote:
        Adrian, Pat... to tell ya the truth, music was my main vent for a while, but my amps are "gone", and my guitar is still waiting to be shipped up from FL. In all honesty, just meeting some cool people, jamming out, and learning a thing or two is a lot of help... music is..my vent in life, even tho I am terrible (which is another thing I can focus on soon)

If you guys are down with that sometime, please send me a PM!

Steve,
        I'm having problems with PM. PM me with some contact info. I had a bad case of demons back in the late 80's. I survived, you can to. Just seperate yourself from things that remind you of your demons. No Jonesing!!!

Adrian
        All hail the 'King'
        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Yeh man, I haven't had a drink in months myself. As for the rest, well, it's been a long long time, but I kicked it and I'm sure we can help pull you back around bro. I'm sure between Adrian and I ( being around the same age ) we can make a difference.

Shoot me an email with some contact info as well...

We can all meet over here ( safe house per se ) or where ever. I got some jammin tools for 2-3 people. And could get a drummer over here on Sundays.

Anyway, we can just hang as well, trust me man, back in the day, I'd kill for someone or a group that wanted to help, not a group of strangers, but ya know...

Let me know... remove the NOSPAM if you send me an email.

Pat

Comment

I'm here too bro! I've dealt with (probably) the same things you are... Not much I haven't done... If you ever wanna hang out and talk or whatever, let me know. I live in Chesterfield, so I'm close by...

Comment

After getting drunk and breaking the garage door last night, I think I need to dry out for awhile myself. Anyways, shitty life experiences make you a more honest guitar player, IMO. Channel that enegry into music.

Comment

GWARGHOUL, man this is the first time I can ever remember respecting any of your posts but this one rules. You get your sh!t together brother, looks to me like you've got a lot of friends here. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Indeed. Thank you all, my new cell # is (314)-604-7936

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yeh man, I haven't had a drink in months myself. As for the rest, well, it's been a long long time, but I kicked it and I'm sure we can help pull you back around bro. I'm sure between Adrian and I ( being around the same age ) we can make a difference.

I think we're onto something here.

Gimme a ring, or drop me your #

Thanks!

Shoot me an email with some contact info as well...

We can all meet over here ( safe house per se ) or where ever. I got some jammin tools for 2-3 people. And could get a drummer over here on Sundays.

Anyway, we can just hang as well, trust me man, back in the day, I'd kill for someone or a group that wanted to help, not a group of strangers, but ya know...

Let me know... remove the NOSPAM if you send me an email.

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Working...
                    X