Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't view posts from the last 24 hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't view posts from the last 24 hours.

Hey Dudes. Just wanted to let you know that I clicked on the button to see the active topics and got this:

We cannot proceed.
    You must be logged in to use the search engine.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Now I am logged in, and tried logging in and out a couple times but it won't work so I think it's on your end.

I'm using the Firefox browser btw, if that means anything.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Can\'t view posts from the last 24 hours.

They did an upgrade today, so I guess it's got some bugs. I got the same thing trying to search.
    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Hmmm, worked fine for me. I'm actually not on my home computer and I won't be until Sunday. If one of the other admins doesn't get back to you before then, I'll look into it.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool Tekky, I'm still having the same problem.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Works fine for me guys. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">Have you tried to reset your cookies and logging back in??

Sometimes the cookies get messed up for whatever reason and once you reset them, it usually resets itself.

Just a suggestion, also, check your "My Home" to see if the correct setting is applied also.

It is probably something simple as most others have access to the posts, so it's isolated and not a group issue.

</font>

Comment

Doesn't work for me either even after expiring cookies. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

The new search features suck........

Whats up with only 9 months? And you have to wait to re-search?

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

What will Ron do now? This steals some of his thunder. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I haven't really looked into what has happened with the upgrade yet, but I am thinking that it drops off threads left untouched after 9 months. With that in mind I'm guessing that we're working to keep the bandwidth of the board under control.

I'm still trying to find out why some of you can't see the "Active topics".

Oh, and thanks to Shawn for that insightful commentary, wrought with descriptive prose to assist us in future considerations in regards to future board versions. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd,

I don't think keeping messages over 9 months or any length would have any impact on bandwidth, just storage an a db...

Store em as long as you can.

Pat

I haven't had any problems with the board or it's upgrade, but to be honest, I haven't had a chance to test anything and J did the upgrade, so.... No clue [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not sure the reason of the 9-month thing. I'm just speculating.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

well last time we did it all our member numbers changed sooooo
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Oh, and thanks to Shawn for that insightful commentary, wrought with descriptive prose to assist us in future considerations in regards to future board versions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only kidding...Geeesh. Am I ever serious? Listen, if this is a bandwidth problem, once again, I am first in line to pay handsomely for the use and membership of this site and the insightful wisdom that I have many times obtained from searching through the archives. I really havent noticed any problems, but the search engine, to a guy like me who has only had a guitar in his hands for four years, is an invaluable and necessary tool to assist in the learning and collecting process that I have endeavoured upon since joining the dark side known as stringed instruments. And for all you people that want to make fun of drummers, let me just tell you, we have NEVER had any search engine problems on the DW forum. So that clears it up, drummers are clearly smarter and therefore, I renounce guitars and every guitar I own is for sale.

How's that for prose?

Shawn
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X