Fritzreiser is way cool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fritzreiser is way cool!

Got the Twisteramp from Fritz today. Cool little amp for fooling around with. Don't expect any sound clips though, I don't have the skills to pay the bills. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks to Fritz for the quick shipping!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Fritzreiser is way cool!

Is it the ammo box one?
    Let me know how it sounds whatever one it is!

Comment

This one.

Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It sounds pretty good. Not quite enough gain as I like or any kind of tone controls but I knew that going in. I just got it for dicking around with as a practice amp.
        Scott

Comment

I am absolutely going to own a Twisteramp one of these days. That Matchless Spitfire clone he made was killer. I wanted that one pretty bad. Actually, I still do.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I don't have the skills to pay the bills. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I am absolutely going to own a Twisteramp one of these days. That Matchless Spitfire clone he made was killer. I wanted that one pretty bad. Actually, I still do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                It sounds pretty good. Not quite enough gain as I like or any kind of tone controls but I knew that going in. I just got it for dicking around with as a practice amp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott - the tone controls for the amp are different power tubes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You'll be surprised how many different tones you get with say a 6V6 vs an EL34 vs a 6L6 etc... even different brands of power tubes will make a difference. The amp also takes to boost pedals like a duck to water - I had great results here with a modded Super overdrive, twisteramps custom boost, and tube screamer clone.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, I think I really need to get that amp. I will never spend the money for a real Spitfire. Let me know how much you want for it since obviously I can't pry it from you with a trade offer although my Takamine 12 string acoustic/electric cutaway must have been a little tempting.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Scott - the tone controls for the amp are different power tubes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You'll be surprised how many different tones you get with say a 6V6 vs an EL34 vs a 6L6 etc... even different brands of power tubes will make a difference. The amp also takes to boost pedals like a duck to water - I had great results here with a modded Super overdrive, twisteramps custom boost, and tube screamer clone.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ] Pete, I sent you a pm about a clean boost pedal the other day. Did you get the pm? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    Scott

Comment

SCott - email me at [email protected] - PMs seem to work about half the time for me, probably my craptacular web browser.

Pete

Comment

email sent to Pete
                        Scott

Comment

Petes clean boost pedal is the best one I own (and I have a fair amount of pedals!!)

Comment

Scott - you might want to check with John and Chris (Soloist1) and Fritz... they each have a 'twisteramps' boost pedal and could describe it without the prejudice that I have. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It WILL color the tone slightly - if you're looking for a really transparent boost, you may want to go with a graphic EQ instead of any boost pedal.

Pete

Comment

Scott checked in with me and I gave him the entire lowdown!

Comment

Working...
                              X