Kevin Easton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Easton

Last year I started the process of buying a Custom Shop Jackson. It took months however to get to a point to actually put money down on this guitar. I actually put 50% down on 7/3/04.

It didn't take long for bad news to set in. Kevin told me in September or October of last year at a guitar show in Arlington that the custom shop had lost my order. Kevin went over it again with them and everything was fine he said. I had heard the rumors and what not as too other peoples dealings with Kevin but figured he had treated me well so far. I didn't know all the details of Big Red or the DK2LE and just tried to stay out of any other peoples dealings.

A few months ago Kevin was no longer the main sponsor here and Matt took over. Not too long ago he fell off the dealers page. I got worried.

Through a variety of maneuvers I was able to talk to Mike Kotzen at Jackson's Custom Shop. Thank you both who helped me out. You know who you are. At first Mike told me Kevin was no longer a dealer, which I had heard from another Dealer. Later that day Mike told me that everything was good to go and my guitar was being built. I thought cool this is good. I was happy.

Sunday at the Dallas Guitar Show I was looking at a few guitars this one place had. I wanted to know the specs on a few guitars and luckily the guy I was talking to wasn't too knowledgeable about them. He called Edel Diaz, District Sales Manger South Central Territory for Jackson Guitars over. I had actually met him once before at Kevin's house for 15 minutes one day last year when I was talking with Kevin about my custom shop order.

We started talking and he knew of my guitar. At first he said everything was cool and I was good to go but would call me on Monday to tell me the real deal on my guitar. I talked to him today and got the bad news. My guitar will not go to Kevin Easton. It is still being built and he is transferring my order to the same dealer I just bought the Black Dinky from. It's due to arrive 6 months or so from now.

But then there is one small matter to resolve, my deposit. Tomorrow I will be calling Kevin and arranging for him to have my money on Thursday. I am leaving work early on Thursday to get my money back one way or another. More updates as they come in.

Kevin is no longer a dealer for Jackson Guitar's and I don't trust him one bit. I was at his shop on Saturday and he told me to my face that everything was fine. It clearly isn't and hasn't been.

A more personal write up can be found on my site.
    Jack Napalm.com
    UPS screwed it up
    16.67%
    USPS Screwed it up
    16.67%
    My dog ate it
    50.00%
    Other
    16.67%
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: Kevin Easton

Good luck bro... I hope it works out for you. At least Jackson's involved directly and they know the deal. Edel and Mike are both great guys and I have no doubt they will take care of you.

Best!

Pat

Comment

I really wonder what's goin on with him? I haven't dealt with him before in terms of buying a J/C from him, but I've exchanged e-mails a few times with him and he's been nothing but cool. I don't know too much about the Big Red or DKLE, but I didn't think the problems people were having with him were this serious. Well, let us know how it turns out. Wish Kev himself would clear some of this confusion up

Comment

Man, I almost placed a custom shop order with him last fall. Good thing I decided to go with Scott V. This is scary stuff. I'm sure your guitar will work out fine. I just hope you have no trouble getting your money from Kev.

Good luck!
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Jack - As I explained on the phone, I'm here if you need me to step in and help.

Matt
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

About transfering the deposit and your order, the same thing happened to me(and another friend of mine who placed his order together) when I found out GMW was no longer a Jackson dealer and Matt and Brian from Fender/Jackson helped me a lot.
            The easiest part was Lee sent the deposit to Matt right away so Matt could continue to handle my order.
            I can imagine if this was Easton, I would be shocked to realize how difficult to get that money back especially I know Pat had problem of getting his money back after many promises by Easton.

Good luck and hope everything will turn out great!

Comment

I'm really sorry that you have to go through the same shit as I did. I hope it works out asap. Here is my Easton story:
              http://ca.regionline.fi/unitar/guita...2916/index.htm
              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Jani, I was at my buddies garage the other day and he hauled in a crappy early 90's Dodge Caravan with a paint job someone did just like that V! I will try to get a picture before it goes to the crusher.

Comment

I was considering ordering my CS through Easton as well, but after some of the stories on here and Rob Witte's EVH shipping hassles, I'm sooo glad I went to Matt....(nothing but praise for Matt). I can only the imagine the horror of trying to sort out that sort of thing from this side of the Atlantic!
                  Good luck with sorting things out (I guess if you paid by credit card, you may have some recourse there?)
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks all for the support. My saving grace in this is that Kevin's shop is only 20 minutes away. I'll go and collect my money in person. Hopefully no one else has an order with him. I am guessing I am the last one.

Comment

na, you're not.
                      I ordered a custom rhoads over a year ago. no deposit, it's fully payed already, shipping included.
                      it really suxx to hear these news... seems like I'll have to give him a call, huh?
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        na, you're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Sent. Give me your contact info and I'll pass it off to Edel. He may be able to give you some help or insight.

Comment

I am just thankful we have such good dealers now as V Wall and Matt... Both are problem free and nothing but good pricing and service. Micha I feel for you hopefully this gets worked out
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I ordered a DK2LE the first time they were ordered. Then somehow the order got "lost" or something. Kev emailed me and told me that they would take a few weeks longer, and if I wanted out..."that's cool". I had just purchased my laser engraver, and was somewhat strapped for cash....so I told him if he is offering to let people out....then "I'm out".

I think he told me by email 2 or 3 times that "the check was in the mail". Finally (after waiting over a month) I called him, and he was like "Oh yea....you're the guy that bailed on me...I remember you". Like I did him dirty by taking him up on his offer or something. Two weeks later, I finally got my check....and it cleared.
                            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              About transfering the deposit and your order, the same thing happened to me(and another friend of mine who placed his order together) when I found out GMW was no longer a Jackson dealer and Matt and Brian from Fender/Jackson helped me a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the same boat last year. Had a custom order going with GMW, the dealership was pulled, had to "transfer" the order to somewhere else.

I've got to say that ALL parties were amazingly cool to deal with. Lee @ GMW immediately called me with the news, and advice on what to do next. Matt @ Matt's Music was great to deal with, picked up the ball from there and kept it rolling. And the J/C custom shop was very cool and accomodating - just moved the work order over to Matt's dealership. What could have been a major headache was resolved - quickly and easily - with a few phone calls and faxes. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X