Easton Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Easton Guitars

My apologies. I got too offensive and the quote I made didn't fit well here. Easton is a tough subject cause I had to deal with it myself for 6 months and he wronged many of my friends too. My blood boiled for a while but I'm back to normal. I'm sorry.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Without wanting to shitstir (ducks head [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] !)

I think Jani was using the Terrorist aspect as an ANALOGY.....it might not have been the most appropriate to have picked, but the point was that supporting someone who's business dealings are dubious at best, may be propagating the problem along to the next poor sucker.

If people have had good dealings with Easton, then yes it bears reporting, but on the other hand, I can sympathasise with Jani's views on KE.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I understand it was an analogy, I used it the same way. But his point as I understand it was that he was condemning those who had supported Kevin Easton in the past. My point is that once upon a time Kevin was a cool guy. The revelations of his conduct I'm sure have since changed that perception.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Oh sure, I've had various (albeit non-financial) dealings with KE in the past and as you say, he was a cool and helpful guy....

I guess what Jani was referring to was basically guilt by association...

Ultimately, I'm unlikely to deal with KE after the events of the last few months, but if other people do and they're happy, then I'm happy for them [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

No Tekky. I was only referring to the latest "Kevin rocks" post cause it hurt me and I know it will hurt others who are still trying to get their money out of Easton. I once liked Kevin too - that's why I ordered from him back then.
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Well, Tim and Ron state that they've had no problems dealing with Kevin presently or in the past. In that relationship I'm sure that Kevin does indeed rock. There's no reason to villanize them because they still choose to deal with KE. It's OK for them to have a dissenting opinion. If something does happen negatively, I'm sure they will be not only astounded by it, but they'll also be vocal as well.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I was only referring to the latest "Kevin rocks" post cause it hurt me and I know it will hurt others who are still trying to get their money out of Easton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I can buy that. If another member had fucked over as many people as Kevin clearly has, and someone came to support him and in essence encourage more business, you can be sure there would be a shitstorm. No?

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Shawn, you were looking into the 25th weren't you?
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Shawn, you were looking into the 25th weren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked some questions about it, through other people. Other people who had been there and actually seen it, to make sure it actually existed. Turns out there are undisclosed issues (Surpise! Surpise!). Even if there werent, I would have never just called and ordered it, I would have asked someone to pick it up. Way too obvious that there is alot of robbing Peter to pay Paul going on.

This isnt directed at you specifically Tim, but I couldnt bring myself to directly give money to someone who owes so many, so much. Too much of a slap in the others faces. There is clearly mistreatment of some of the JCF'ers who dont live in the U.S. ,just because their reach is a bit further.

I just dont see any difference between this situation, or if someone stiffed you on a guitar, and I dealt with that person a week later on your guitar, and raved about how great he was.

Shawn
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I'll be honest, I think what he's doing now is dickish. However, he offered to help me several times. On warranty work that wasn't even his!(my Fender tech said it is, so I'm left in limbo about it, but anyway) and he would make it right EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T BUY IT FROM HIM!

Right about that time, I heard some negative things about him, and I wasn't about to send a guitar across the country, to have it stolen, or broken, or something. The fact is, he did offer to help.

Before, when he used to handle orders for our swag, when he was with Jackson, my girlfriend and I spoke to him on several occasions. He sent me free parts and shit (just small stuff, but still, the thought counts).

My experience has been good with him, however, after the feedback, I'm leary of dealing with him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

This isnt directed at you specifically Tim, but I couldnt bring myself to directly give money to someone who owes so many, so much. Too much of a slap in the others faces. There is clearly mistreatment of some of the JCF'ers who dont live in the U.S. ,just because their reach is a bit further.

I just dont see any difference between this situation, or if someone stiffed you on a guitar, and I dealt with that person a week later on your guitar, and raved about how great he was.

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Kevin has more than earned his current reputation IMO and I wouldn't support him in anyway, that being said that is my opinion only.
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

+2

Put me on that list as well.......

KE's a total, complete tool, liar, fraud and the King of Scam... He's certainly got game, but if you're smart, stay off the court he's playing! Eventually, you will be fouled!

F*&K KE!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            +2

Put me on that list as well.......

KE's a total, complete tool, liar, fraud and the King of Scam... He's certainly got game, but if you're smart, stay off the court he's playing! Eventually, you will be fouled!

F*&K KE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, for a second there I thought you were describing Music123.

Just out of curiousity, how many people here have actually been wronged by Easton Guitars? There sure are a lot of people taking a stand against him so it must be a much larger number than I am aware of to continue this Jihad.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'll be the first to stand up and say I. But your free to spend your money where you want.
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Tim,

I was not screwed but I was not delivered things as promised, which I would have shrugged off normally but then teh other stories come flying in. I was shorted things etc... Still got my guitar though!
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X