Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My bad dealings with Matt\'s Music

Let's see... Zach456, junior member, 18 posts,
    no info in his profile, nobody knows him. Squares off against Matt, whose rep couldn't be better at the JCF. I don't think I've EVER
    seen a complaint against him. Yeah, Zach, think you jumped the gun. Look how Matt takes up for you even now. If you were taking your guitar to a local shop it'd make more sense for you to get a bar there while their tech solved your Floyd problem, then Matt would work that out with you - unless they didn't have a Floyd bar in stock in the correct finish. Then you'd have to wonder if they're really geared to work on loyded guitars. That wouldn't be Matt's fault either.

Sounds like he was willing to cough up some money to solve your problem at home instead of you maybe having to ship it back for work, etc... with the time away from your guitar.
    It's aways a drag when something isn't right out of the box, but in this world it happens and the dealer can only do what he can to resolve it.

Someone asked your age; it's not to knock you for being young, but if this is your first time buying through the mail, you may not realize that shit happens. If you've done it a few hundred times then you realize this and learn to not get too excited if there's a glitch. The good Internet dealers, like Matt,
    always make it right. It takes faith to buy on the Net, so with everyone here telling you Matt will take care of you, relax and breathe deeply. You WILL be taken care of.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I will like to chime in and expose Matt for the gear pimp he is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
      I got a Retro Bullseye, LTD Greenie (late this month) and LTD PC1 (sometime next year) from him.
      I am finding myself making excuses all time to my wife because all the stuff Matt makes me buy. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

He's been trying to get me to buy one of those EVH Carvies, but I am resisting so far. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

He is good peps.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Joe Steeler... you are getting sleepy... your eyes are getting heavy... all you can see are black/white, black/yellow and red/white/black stripes... you must buy a Charvel EVH... you cannot resist... you must give in to the power of the all mighty Eddie Van Halen... he is calling your name and you cannot resist... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I met up with Matt when I was in Boston ealier this year, and he's a really sound guy - I'd already placed one CS order through him by that point, but there's another one on the cards at the moment, as well as at least one other USA Jackson, so I guess that's a pretty good endorsement.....I'm in the UK, so I really need to trust the folks I deal with over there!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'm also gonna order my custom(s) from Matt. I'd appreciate it if others here would stop buying from him for a moment so Matt can handle my quote requests instead of shipping guitars all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding of course.
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

..not to mention (but I will) Matt can play ie; rip it up on the fretboard. So you know he can see things from a players perspective as well.

Comment

I emailed Matt for a tracking number, and he had it to me in like no time flat. Shit, it was a 222$ dollar guitar purchase (still can't figure out why I bought it...probably going to refin it or something, Anyway).

He's good people. I've not had a serious problem, and I hope not to, but I'm sure he would stand behind it. Too bad I can't say that to a certain music store out west who sold me a fouled up USA soloist.

Sometimes, you wish you meet people like Matt, (or hell, the other matt too!) when you plunk down that kind of money, because you know they stand behind you, and their sale.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Joe Steeler... you are getting sleepy... your eyes are getting heavy... all you can see are black/white, black/yellow and red/white/black stripes... you must buy a Charvel EVH... you cannot resist... you must give in to the power of the all mighty Eddie Van Halen... he is calling your name and you cannot resist... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm telling ya... the man is a witch, with powers beyond our realm.
                  I am sleepy, damn. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

When I bought the DA from Matt I also e-mailed him for a tracking #, but 5 minutes later the guitar was on my porch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      When I bought the DA from Matt I also e-mailed him for a tracking #, but 5 minutes later the guitar was on my porch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah funny how that happens when it travels what... 30 miles
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt, you did this to me, too! My version was something about prison stripes and chain links, though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah funny how that happens when it travels what... 30 miles

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time I'll have him ship it to you Kev, so we can squash that thing called sales tax [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Hear the universe scream
                          Whom horns careless
                          And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah funny how that happens when it travels what... 30 miles

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time I'll have him ship it to you Kev, so we can squash that thing called sales tax [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you didn't take advantage of the tax free weekend huh?
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Hear the universe scream
                              Whom horns careless
                              And whom God mourns

Comment

Now I just have to time my custom shop order perfectly...
                                Hear the universe scream
                                Whom horns careless
                                And whom God mourns

Comment

Working...
                                X