Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My bad dealings with Matt\'s Music

Hey Paul... love your signature. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

WTF was the original problem? Wrong whammy bar? Check out the poor souls with cracked headstocks right off the UPS truck. Now THERE'S a real problem.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm also gonna order my custom(s) from Matt. I'd appreciate it if others here would stop buying from him for a moment so Matt can handle my quote requests instead of shipping guitars all the time. Just kidding of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
        +1 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (just kidding Matt, though if you poked Mike to get him to spit out those quotes a little faster I wouldn't complain [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Comment

No kidding, eh? Mike... if you're reading this, get me the quotes I'm waiting for! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

When Matt says he'll take care of ya, just sit back and have a cuppa and let him do his job. He knows what he's doing, you won't be disappointed. Cheers! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Emmy

Comment

WOW, 34 replies. What does that tell you?

Here's one for you Matt [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I haven't bought anything from him...yet. But he has always responded to my questions clearly and in good time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I haven't bought anything from him...yet. But he has always responded to my questions clearly and in good time.

[/ QUOTE ]
                I second that! As soon as Mike coughs up my quote ( [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img])from the custom shop, I'll be able to actually say I bought something from him (at least in part).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that 3. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Im suprised this thread is still going, but Matt did everything in a very professional manner and I must say
                    I'm pleased that everything worked out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that 3. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

4, I too expect to soon be on his list of satisfied customers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Im suprised this thread is still going, but Matt did everything in a very professional manner and I must say
                        I'm pleased that everything worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you're happy with the guitar Zach, sorry for the problem!

Comment

Ok, I read through half the first page, so this has probably been covered, but IMO the first step someone should take in any sort of "unhappy" issue with a deal is to contact the dealer/seller in question, NOT to post it here. This goes for ANY deal, whether it's Junior on Junior, Member on Junior, Junior on Member, or Member on Member.

Then, and only then, once that's been done (you might have to wait a week for the issue to be resolved if it involves shipping/mailing), you can post about it here within the JCF rules (i.e. no dealer prices, no personal attacks, no theories, no threats). Also you should try to avoid posts like "man if this deal hadn't been resolved I woulda done so and so and this and all that blah blah blah" - if it's been resolved, shut up about it and don't mention what you would have done otherwise; that just stirs up crap.

However, regardless of the reputation of either party, I feel it is poor conduct to attack the person who lodges a complaint, especially after the issue has already been resolved. Yes the guy coulda been a bit more tactful in his opening post (and reworded it instead of deleting it), but that doesn't give license to the entire JCF to bash the guy for complaining about a deal.

This is the "FEEDBACK FORUM", not the "I'M COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT DIDN'T GO 100% PERFECT FORUM", and it's certainly not the "BLUE SKIES AND RAINBOWS ONLY FORUM". If someone's having a problem dealing with someone, I'd like to be aware of it for my own future reference to avoid encountering such problems. That's part of why this Forum was requested - so we know who's who.

Now Matt is definitely a great guy, no question there, but Easton was a great guy for a while, and now look at him. I'm not saying Matt or Scott or anyone else will eventually turn into what Easton did - God Forbid that should ever happen - but yes, Virginia, people can change overnight, and when that happens, this would be the place to bring that up without anyone living in fear of being piled on by the residents for bringing it up.

In fact, given Easton's rapid loss of reputation around here, I'd be more inclined to see how the issue unfolded rather than jump in to defend/attack either side on the first mention of the subject.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: My dealings with Matt\'s Music

[ QUOTE ]
                            and it's certainly not the "BLUE SKIES AND RAINBOWS ONLY FORUM".

[/ QUOTE ]

Could've fooled me.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I honestly thought this was going to be a sarcastic thread when I first read the title...boy was I surprised. I haven't dealt with Matt yet, but from reading his posts and positive comments about him from others, it's easy to see that he's a standup guy.

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that mistakes and problems happen, especially in this business. Those close to me will tell you I'm by no stretch of the imagination perfect! The only thing I can do when an issue arises is try my best to make everyone happy. Common sense and a good business etiquette usually guide me in the right direction. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X