HATEMASK isn't replying to my e-mails :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HATEMASK isn't replying to my e-mails :(

I think i've been ripped off. I e-mailed twice, no reply, and he hasn't been on the forums.

Re: HATEMASK isn\'t replying to my e-mails

I bought a Wah pedal from him 2months ago and received it fine.
    Probably having internet problem?
    I have his Phone # from the last transaction.
    I sent it to you by PM and hope this helps you to contact him.

Comment

I bought a model 1 from him a few months back. I had the same problems. Emails went unanswered, guitar was supposedly shipped, then it wasnt, it had already been packed, Then it was out getting a setup. Lots of confusing stories and it took weeks to get something that I paid for right away. It was also shipped in a case that is not pointy friendly, bouncing around in a box with no packing material. It was a miracle that it wasnt a case full of toothpicks. But, I was lucky and it was a nice guitar. I think the guy works a lot of double shifts at work and is pressed for time to do this stuff. I dont think hes dishonest at all, maybe just real busy and a bit disorganized. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Maybe, but for now I think it should be a buyer beware for now. I filed a complaint, then e-mailed him just to send my money back. I'm a bit ticked off, I was hoping I'd get the Line 6 pedal before practice yesterday to try somethings out with the band.

I also e-mailed him a lot of times throughout this and he finally replies with a "are you sure it went through, I didn't get a e-mail confirmation." I told him to check his history, but I never got a reply. I've e-mailed him plenty of times before he finally repied to me.

I sent the payment Nov 26th, it cleared the 30th, and now its Dec 23.

Comment

He said he sent it, but

I still haven't recieved it :/ I filed a complaint with paypal and they say that their on my side of it, but can't get my funds back.

Comment

If you paid by credit card on paypal you can do a charge back through your credit card company.

Comment

unless i know the person, i pretty much always use credit card funding in paypal. exactly for this situation.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Just to understand something here, and this might simply be restating the above, but bear with me!

Am I correct in saying that any Paypal payment that was sourced from a credit card rather than bank funds can be stopped by a call to the CC company?

If this is the case, why would anyone risk the lack of security by making a Paypal payment sourced from cash funds?
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Paypal hates this because the CC company is doing the chargeback against paypal, and paypal has to try and chase down the deadbeat. That's why their payment process is geared towards encouraging you to fund the paypal payment via an ACH from your bank funds. At that point, your only option is to use the paypal dispute process which is mediocre at best.

If you fund the paypal payment using a CC, you have the ADDITIONAL option of using a CC chargeback to recover your funds. MUCH MORE RELIABLE!!!

BUT, if you have a history of chargebacks with paypal, they will shutdown your paypal account (cuz, again, they don't like being on the wrong end of a chargeback).

However, there is a loophole. 30 days after the purchase (may have changed to 45), the paypal dispute process is no longer available...BY THEIR OWN TERMS. So if you have a dispute at that point, and you paid by CC, then your ONLY AVAIALABLE OPTION is to do a CC chargeback, and paypal cannot ding you for it. But you have to be willing to wait. The point is, you have many nicer options to get your money back by funding your paypal payment with a CC. And if it's a really expensive item, who cares about losing your paypal account?

Hey admins, this ought to be a sticky! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks George - very useful info.....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

My two newest CC both have a new clause on chargebacks. Both state that the charge back is only good in the state you live in or an ajoining state. This may be the CC way of fighting all teh chargebacks they are getting.

Comment

gee, do they give you arbitration rights for getting sodomized with lube vs. no lube? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sounds like you need a new credit card company? amex is always a safe bet for consumer protection.

Comment

Working...
                        X