Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get money back from a money order sent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get money back from a money order sent?

This wasn't a trade here, but figured you guys may know. It was a Harmony Central transaction, and I sent the guy a money order 2 weeks ago. I never received the pickups and emailed him today and he said sorry the pickups have been sold and he also said he never got my money order and I never received anything back from the post office. I'm out $75 as it is now, what are my options?

Re: Can you get money back from a money order sent?

You should be able to find out if it was cashed...did you save the little stub from the top?

Comment

Call the number on it you can see if it was cashed. If it wasn't cashed you can get your money back minus a fee. (So you will get most of your money back). If he cashed it you can get his info and get the money back.

Comment

Yeah I have to locate the stub, I know I saved it, as I always do. Thanks.

I like your avatar JRTME [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I went to the place I got the money order and they did say it wasnt cashed but it will cost $8.00 to put a stop payment on it. Wondering if I should wait and see if they guy sends it back or cut my losses on the $8.00

Comment

cut your losses. it's less than losing 75.00.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Yeah I have to locate the stub, I know I saved it, as I always do. Thanks.

I like your avatar JRTME [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem man. I kinda had the same thing happen to me. As it turned out the guy never got the Money Order it came back to me a month and half later.

About the Avatar you like JC?

Comment

Yeah I love JC... Jesus Christ... haha AND John Coltrane!

Comment

What is the guys HC username?

Comment

Ricky Kodadek. Is there a way to search the classified there by user name? Seems like once I buy something from there, the seller pulls the ad and if I don't make a copy of it I am screwed if they try to rip me off.

Comment

Working...
                    X