Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever bought anything from JiMoSiTy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has purchased parts from me in the past and was an ok buyer.......I have not dealt with him on trades or purchases from him. I checked his Jemsite feedback and he is ranked %100 with 12 transactions.

Todd
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Dude, Ohio huh..hmmmm..How much money we talkin' here..maybe it'll be worth my time and gas money to do a little "collecting"..

Good work Ron..

Good Luck bro..Keep us posted.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That dude is quite active in the Randall MTS forum and posted some very detailed/helpful module soundclips awhile back. He made this post on Wednesday:

"Hey guys -
        I had a problem with my mail filtering on my mail server over the last several days.
        If anyone had written to me and didn't get a response from me, please re-send your message; I probably didn't get it.

Jim
        [email protected]"

Here is a link to the thread:

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          That dude is quite active in the Randall MTS forum and posted some very detailed/helpful module soundclips awhile back. He made this post on Wednesday:

"Hey guys -
          I had a problem with my mail filtering on my mail server over the last several days.
          If anyone had written to me and didn't get a response from me, please re-send your message; I probably didn't get it.

Jim
          [email protected]"

Here is a link to the thread:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=4781

Thanks for the info man...still no excuse for not responding my Myspace messages though, I sent him a message on Nov 1 and it says the last time he logged in was Nov 2...if he had time to login, he had time to shoot me a quick reply either saying he was busy and would shoot me more details later, or just giving me the details...the message I sent him was pretty blunt about my lack of satisfaction in his communication...Oh well, hopefully it all works out, he doesn't exactly seem like Vince Sansevere or anything, haha...

Comment

I've never dealt with him before....was just passing that post info along. There are videos on his soundclip site, if you wanna SEE who you're dealing with. Hope it all works out for ya, man.

Comment

You newbees would not remember the refin post. Jim had initially setup doing free refins for 12 of us on the JCF if we paid the the shipping.
              I sent a cheapo Kramer and a neck thru strat in need of refin. I know Doc Dryer had a body done, Dave (Budman) and Ryan (Inazone) had a body done as well.
              I kept in touch with him off and on but he also had the same story off and on... server issues and I had changed emails but kept him up to date on any changes. He seemed interested in doing the project for everyone.. up to a point. Then I think it just became sidelined by his band and other things. He stopped posting here and was a regular on the JEM forum I believe (as mentioned) as well as HC.
              I even posted a message on his forum which he removed.. didn't seem to faze him much.

After over a year and a half if not longer, I threatened legal action if I didn't get my guitars back. I talked with him on the phone a couple times and I probably still have his info somewhere.. I'm sure I still have it in my emails.
              I did get the guitars back. They were unfinished. The Kramer was a parts guitar before, just wanted the floyd parts.. but it really needs a refin now.

Personally... I think you are, sorry to say, overreacting a bit. If its only been a week or 10 days, I'd say you'll get your stuff-eventually. This is a pretty common MO with him.
              If you filed a claim with paypal..I'm sure he'll send it and it show up in about another week.
              Last edited by charvelguy; 11-03-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                You newbees would not remember the refin post. Jim had initially setup doing free refins for 12 of us on the JCF if we paid the the shipping.
                I sent a cheapo Kramer and a neck thru strat in need of refin. I know Doc Dryer had a body done, Dave (Budman) and Ryan (Inazone) had a body done as well.
                I kept in touch with him off and on but he also had the same story off and on... server issues and I had changed emails but kept him up to date on any changes. He seemed interested in doing the project for everyone.. up to a point. Then I think it just became aidelined by his band and other things. He stopped posting here and was a regular on the JEM forum I believe (as mentioned) as well as HC.
                I even posted a message on his forum which he removed.. didn't seem to faze him much.

After over a year and a half if not longer, I threatened legal action if I didn't get my guitars back. I talked with him on the phone a couple times and I probably still have his info somewhere.. I'm sure I still have it in my emails.
                I did get the guitars back. They were unfinished. The Kramer was a parts guitar before, just wanted the floyd parts.. but it really needs a refin now.

Personally... I think you are, sorry to say, overreacting a bit. If its only been a week or 10 days, I'd say you'll get your stuff-eventually. This is a pretty common MO with him.
                If you filed a claim with paypal..I'm sure he'll send it and it show up in about another week.

Cool thanks for the info man...yeah I dunno, you're right, it's only been a week, but the lack of communication really bothers me, the dude has my money, I don't like the idea of him making up bullshit stories instead of just telling me whether it's been shipped or not. Oh well, hopefully I get the amp, and hopefully it's in working order when it arrives, haha, thanks again man.

Comment

Man, I just saw this thread and thought "oh no" when I saw Jim's name in the title. I sent him a Concept JDX-94 for his fabric finishing. I sent him a playable, functional guitar with a fading red finish, and a bunch of urban camo fabric. A year and a half later, after excuses or no replies from him at all, I contacted him through his band's website, which prompted a quick response...as if he realized I had tracked him down or something. He blamed everything from his health to his wife.

As for the guitar, well, it came back to me unplayable and looking like crap, but it makes for a great conversation piece.
                  sigpic

Comment

I sent him an RG body and neck for a veneer and refin.

He did a good job and sent it back to me with no problems. There were some delays, but I expect that with any custom work. He maintained good email communication and seemed like a very nice, honest guy.

I think these guys that do custom work on the side have a tough time pleasing everyone, because once they get known, everyone wants them to do their work for them, and then they take on too much work to get out in a timely manner, and people get upset.

Comment

Well I have some updates...

The dude finally responded to my e-mails stating the power outage problem again, but saying everything is fixed now...He is keeping in touch, said he sent the amp out mid-week via USPS because Fedex never showed up for the scheduled pickup. Sort of blows because I don't have a tracking number with USPS, but I won't pay as much in customs so that's okay. He even sent me pictures of the amp wrapped in bubble wrap before he shipped it out, without me even asking for anything like that, so it seems like things are gonna work out okay. I guess it's sort of hit or miss with this dude, but it looks like I'm gonna be okay here! Thanks for all of your help guys, I really sincerely appreciate it!

Comment

Dumpy - As an FYI - If he sent is as a parcel, it may take a few weeks to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                          Dumpy - As an FYI - If he sent is as a parcel, it may take a few weeks to get there.
                          Yeah that's the shitty part about USPS, sucks but what can you do. Hopefully he sent it airmail!

Comment

I get the feeling Jim operates on his own timetable with some people as most of us do but has so many irons in the fire it catches up to him. I have the same problem sometimes as well. I'm also a procrastinator sometimes.
                            I'm just speculating, but possibly the reason he doesn't answer is he knows he is obligated to get it done but doesn't want to have to own up with BS in the meantime. Better not to answer at all.
                            I think overall Jim is a pretty decent trader. I likely won't be dealing with him again tho.
                            Last edited by charvelguy; 11-03-2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

wow, this thread brought back some memories. Yep, I also had to chase Jim down for a body that he had started but,never finished. That whole thing was a farce but I believe he initially had good intentions-
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X