No announcement yet.

Rant! Flippers Suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get the lowball mentality. I mean, I'm not at all surprised to see it alive and well here on the JCF, you see comments in ebay auctions all the time. "your guitar isn't worth that much, but I'll take it off your hands for $xxx if you end the auction now"

I just don't think my conscience would allow me to bilk someone like that. Now if they unwittingly undercharge for something, I may not let them know their item is worth more than they are asking. But that's why I love buying from pawnshops

I've got some great deals here (even got some free stuff, thanks Tim & Vic), but I've always been happy to get that deal paying the price the seller is asking for the item. If someone is listing something for more than I'm prepared to pay, I'll just wait until someone else lists a similar item for a price I am comfortable paying. If I desperately HAVE to have the item now, then I guess I'll just have to suck it up and pony up the higher price the seller is asking.

How difficult is that?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
      If we all chip in for plane tickets, could we get you two to fist fight over this?

Of course someeone would need to video tape it so we can see it on webcast afterwards.

Let me know. I'll throw in $40, but you two will really need to fight.
      I think that's about the stupidest post I've ever seen here. (and that's saying a lot!) Ever been in a real fist fight boy?
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
        I think that's about the stupidest post I've ever seen here. (and that's saying a lot!) Ever been in a real fist fight boy?
        I actually thought it was kind of funny. I'm pretty sure he was just being sarcastic.

Now, if you don't agree with me that's totally OK, because I'm too old to fight.
        Last edited by Big D; 11-17-2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

careful, mark knows his shit. he was in fist fights while your grandparents were still in diapers.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I´ve never asked for bro-deals, always paid whatever the seller wants.
            Damn, it sucks being rich

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              careful, mark knows his shit. he was in fist fights while your grandparents were still in diapers.
              Hey now....I may be too old to fight, but I'm not THAT old!!
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                Hell no. I run away fast. I'm faster than I am tuff.

I guess having the most stupid post ever is better than nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                  I guess having the most stupid post ever is better than nothing!
                  well, at least you can feel that you've achieved something
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

the Atomic Christmas list is down this year again due to the amazingly jaded person I have happily become. -lol

I used to give decent deals, i like to think I did. i know one fact, i made my money back on one guitar in my life out of a shitload of them.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Let's all cool down here ... Txcharvel & Mr. Graphic are both great guys. I've dealt with both of them and they're both standup guys.

Let's get you two to shake and get back to the things we're here to do !!! Guitar luvin' !!!

Comment

Flipper says, "I suck!!"

Flipper Theme Song

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
                        No-one you see, is smarter than he,
                        And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
                        Flying there-under, under the sea!

Everyone loves the king of the sea,
                        Ever so kind and gentle is he,
                        Tricks he will do when children appear,
                        And how they laugh when he's near!

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
                        No-one you see, is smarter than he,
                        And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
                        Flying there-under, under the sea!

(written by "Henry Vars and Dunham")

Last edited by Carbuff; 11-18-2006, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Time can fly and what seems like a flip may not really be.

As for "bro" deals, I have had much help and love from this board as many of you know, and I am grateful beyond words for that. But just on the topic at
                          hand:

Diablomozart gave me a super deal on a USA Charvel prototype. Later when I had to sell it I offered it back to him for the same price, but he let it go saying he knew I could get a lot more and he knew I needed money for meds. That was really cool of him, I will never forget that.

Hippietim has given me 2 vibrato bars and a BOSS DF-2 fror free. We seem to disagree on most everything but he's top of the rock IMO. Awesome guy.

Budman Dave has sent me Kahler parts before, for free. Also a totally standup guy with a great sense of humor too.

Jgcable made me a footswitch for my Randall RG100ES amp; as you know those are hard to find. He converted a Crate 2-button switch I had and added a 20-ft. heavy duty cable, the footswitch was nicer than the original Randall switch (I've owned another RG100 with switch previously). We didn't have a schematic so we had to do it in 2 phases where he sent me a test rig to make sure the wiring was right, then the actual switch was done. He did all that for free.

Newc did me a great deal on a Performer/JTX hybrid Kelly. He did buy it back when I had to sell it about a year later, and I miss the neck on that guitar! It was just beautiful! Newc was awesome to deal with both buying and selling.

So I think while it may not be a Kum-Bi-Ya world here anymore, there are still many of us who've forged bonds to an extent that's surprising on a message board.

I'm sorry to see two good guys from this board have this disagreement. I will say that when I worked in the contracting business I saw that it was pretty easy for two guys, both good men and honorable, to come to think the other was a lying thief simply through misunderstanding, assumptions and miscommunication. Hell, half my job was as a mediator. I hope y'all can cool off and resolve this back in PM, it sounds like a misunderstanding which can be worked out.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Carbuff;818477]

Flipper says, "I suck!!"

ROTHLMFAO !!!!! (like this guy !!!!) :ROTF:

Comment

I thought you talked about these guys;

dem suck indeed...

but to add to the bro-question;
                              I've had great deals and interactions with boardmembers too.
                              ron once sold me a PU and didn't even wait for my payment before he shipped. he just thought I'd be able to get it a few days earlier that way and shipped it right off.
                              I was very happy with my budman deals, great quality and once it happened, that he got one part wrong, and he just resended the right one without complaints and let me keep the other my band-mate is using on his jackson today.
                              and mr. napalm got my ass out of my easton deal, which turned out with no guitar ordered no easton and no money-back either.
                              I found help here from an awesome guy I didn't know in any way and got my problem solved within no time. I still am sure easton would have given a shit for my angry emails and phonecalls, coz he could have been sure I'd not be able to go get him in person anytime soon.

this is just a few examples out of many times people helped me out in one or the other way. I won't call anyone a bro just because he reads the same messageboard as me, but there surely are some really great people here and I tend to trust and rely in this board. can't tell that from another place in the web.
                              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I would also like to chime in here. I have had deals with both of these fine fellas and I'm sure this, as was said before, is just a misunderstanding.

I have had numerous deals (buying and selling) on this board and while I have had my share of idiots who try and talk me down or never pay or make promises they won't keep, the good deals and great people I have dealt with here, outweigh those instances.

I remember the first time I asked for help about a part that I needed, Scott (stuka) was the first to help out and I don't even think I was here more than a week. From then on, that showed me that there are some great people out there that are helpful, generous, and generally good-hearted. That pretty much paved the way of my thinking on how others should be treated and it taught me a lot about online communities (I was very much an online newb to public forums). I then began helping those who needed parts by sending them if it was something I could help out with and then in turn, I noticed they would help others. Pay it forward, damnit!

Even after I started making parts, and many were saying that I was just here to make a buck, I was still just handing out stuff and haven't stopped since. I learned alot about online relationships that day that scott helped me out and even though sometimes I get a little bent over things, I just think about how cool of a group resides here and all the friends that I've made.

Sorry for the boring post but it sucks when 2 guys that I'm very fond of wind up like this saying the things they do about each other over what quite possibly could be a complete mis-communication.

Please guys, kiss and make up, don't let this crap get to you (I should take my own advice sometimes lol!). We all love these guitars and even though this place isn't near what it used to be, there will always be good people out there and I truly believe you 2 are amongst that group.

One last thing, I wanted to say thank you for the comments made above and each and everyone of you are a true assett to this community. It's guys like you that keep me coming back here, even after I get sick and tired of the crap that goes on here sometimes and promise myself I won't be back.

Thanks, I think.......
                                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X