No announcement yet.

METALBOOTS!! all praise (our nightmare)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• METALBOOTS!! all praise (our nightmare)

A few weeks ago Mr. Boots bought a guitar off e-bay and some here started in with buyers turning guitars for a profit bashing.

Well Mr. Boots said he would list the guitar when he recived it and spiffed it up a little on the JCF before any where else.
    He did so and I bought it.

I recived the guitar wednesday and was all excited until

Well Mr Boots and I e-mailed and PMd and spoke on the phone about this and I want every one to know

Mr. Boots has already made things right and the guitar will be on its way back to him on monday.

I have nothing but praise for Mr. Boots and will have no hesatation in dealing with him in the future.

No respect at all for the Goooorillas at the UPS

Soon as I saw the pic I knew what shipper was used. WHY? Why use them? I don't get it. (Newc, don't bother).

DHL, people.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      DHL, people.
      A hearty amen to that. Glad Mr. Boots put this right.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Soon as I saw the pic I knew what shipper was used. WHY? Why use them? I don't get it. (Newc, don't bother).

DHL, people.
        Not everybody has a DHL or Fedex handy, Ron. You know that and that's why you say "Newc, don't bother". It's easy when you live in a megalopolis of 16 million people to find every shipper. Most using UPS today do so because they have no other choice.

Having said that, the only item I've ever had broken in transit was a disembodied Yamaha Pacifica guitar neck, shipped by USPS Priority Mail. Never had a problem with UPS personally, but that's just me, I've seen plenty of 'em pictured here.

FAT KAT, sorry about the guitar, and Metalboots, sorry for your loss of money. Good luck with UPS trying to get your $ back.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
          Not everybody has a DHL or Fedex handy, Ron.
          Blah blah blah....everybody does have a post office handy

If no DHL, then USPS

AVOID UPS!!!!

Comment

Looking at the "typical" damage there, I'd say it had more to do with improper packaging than improper handling by the shipper. The true indication of shipper damage usually lies in the condition of the box, not the contents. I had one busted worse than that, and the box showed no damage at all. So, how could I really blame UPS for that? I dunno, just glad you guys got it worked out.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Blah blah blah....everybody does have a post office handy

If no DHL, then USPS

AVOID UPS!!!!
              Yep, and you conveniently didn't quote the part of my post where I said the ONLY thing I ever had broken was broken by the POST OFFICE. I'm sure that was an accident though, eh?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Back to the guitar in this case...............................

It was packed well, I guess in this case it could have been better but it appears from the box that it had been dropped on the end marked as the "TOP".
                I have recived guitars in less packaging that had no damage.

I can find no fault with metalboots in this case.

I suppose if you ship these things around enough it's bound to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  Yep, and you conveniently didn't quote the part of my post where I said the ONLY thing I ever had broken was broken by the POST OFFICE. I'm sure that was an accident though, eh?
                  I dunno, was it double-boxed?

You know where I stand on that, as does anybody who has received a guitar from me.

Either way, I'd trust the USPS to pay off a damage claim WAY more than UPS (cuz, ya know, UPS controls their ins co. and rubber stamps DENIED automatically, etc etc.)

Comment

I posted some additional comments on the Efraid Thread:
                    And thanks again FatKat for your kind comments.
                    Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

I dunno, was it double-boxed?

You know where I stand on that, as does anybody who has received a guitar from me.

Either way, I'd trust the USPS to pay off a damage claim WAY more than UPS (cuz, ya know, UPS controls their ins co. and rubber stamps DENIED automatically, etc etc.)
                      You have valid points Ron, and I understand your anger towards UPS. But you completely gloss over the fact that for some people UPS may be their only practical choice. I give you a personal experience and you blow it off.
                      By the way, I DID NOT get payment from USPS in my situation, but that's because the seller refunded me. I have heard nightmare stories about the USPS paying as well though.

There are 300 milion of us. We can't all move to Buena Park just to have a DHL office handy.

Oh yeah, Chinese products rule! Better to trade than go to war, that's what I say!:ROTF:
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

There are 300 milion of us. We can't all move to Buena Park just to have a DHL office handy.
                        They have them in other places don't they Rich?
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I still am amazed people use UPS as well. People freak when I tell them I spend $13 to ship a guitar via Fed Ex. I hate price gouges on shipping... SAme guitar shipped via UPS would be close to $30 I bet.

Comment

Is it just the tip that got broken or the scarf joint too? Looks like the nut is lifted off, is it cracked there or just shifted from the big drop?

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                              They have them in other places don't they Rich?
                              Har de HAR HAR! Yeah they do, but some places DON'T have them, that's my point. And my other point is that Ron lives in an area with probably the densest assortment of shipping options in the USA. Some of us folks in the hinterland don't have them all (though I have seen DHL trucks around here lately but I don't know if they're here or coming from Mobile. That's 50 miles away btw, and I'm not driving 50 miles to drop off a package.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X