Dave is the Greatest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave is the Greatest

This isn't about a deal or anything. Just figured I'd share this, and I guess this is the right place. By now I think everyone here knows how great a guy Dave (Budman) is, but this week he did something that was just over the top, above & beyond amazing.

First a little background. A few months ago, Dave PMed me saying he wanted to do something for me to thank me for sending people his way for their parts needs. I told him that wasn't necessary, and that it was just good common sense to refer people to him because he's the best, period.

So last week Dave posts pics of his killer pink hotrodded Model 6 in the new green case. It looks awesome, and I congratulate him on it and mention that I was bummed that I had missed out on those cases on eBay, because one would've been cool for the Dweezil. My wife had even "ordered" me to get one (which was hilarious, btw), but they were all gone.

Tuesday evening rolls around, and as my wife & I are heading down the street to go to dinner we see a delivery truck stop in front of the house. She says it it's probably something she ordered for the baby, so we keep going & let them leave it on the porch. When we get back, the box looks way too big & I see who it's from. I start to figure it out and I'm saying, "No friggin' way! He didn't do that!" over & over as I open the package...

I'm still totally stunned by what Dave did. Even if he'd let me pay him for it (he won't) it would be an amazing gift since these are all spoken for. All I can say is it's an honor to be able to call Dave my friend, and we're all very lucky to have such a great & thoughtful guy here on the board. Thanks, Dave!

That's the spirit !!! Nice Dave !!!

Comment

Thats is simply awesome of ya Budman!

Comment

Nice one Dave!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yay Budman! A true humanitarian!

Comment

Thanks so much Dana, but you definitely deserved it. You're one of the nicest guys around here and you are always the first to jump in with information and help out.

I'm proud to call you a friend as well -

Thanks fellas -
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Just awesome.
              Very cool thing to do Dave.
              -Rick

Comment

Damn stand up thing to do Dave! WOW!

Comment

wow, that's awesome, Dave.

that's case looked a lot greener with the pink Model 6 in it though
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X