Quakka = 1 hateful dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quakka = 1 hateful dude

It was brought to my attention today that I'm again getting trashed on another forum and pure hatred is the basis for it. I have done an enormous reduction over the last several months in my presence here but no matter what there are always hateful, angry people in this world that feel the need to trash talk.

To sit and call people names, threaten them, harass them is totally beyond the norm and in todays day could be a safety concern to anyone.

Last night upon stopping into the JCF I happened to notice a PCS for sale in the classifieds that intrigued me. I used to own a San Dimas Rhoads and have always regretted selling it so I figured I'd take a look.

Upon clicking the link I was taken to a competitors board which in itself isn't a big deal. My issue came with the fact that I couldn't see the picture because I wasn't logged into the other board. This meant that I would have to become a member of that board just to see an ad on the JCF.

While I never felt as though it was done in a malicious way our policy was such to not alow links or advertising to our competitors sites by their owners. This was a policy dating back long before Quakana appeared in CJ land. This policy went back as far as the inception of some of our members other sites as people fractured off to do their own thing.

Not being able to see the picture without being a member of his board I edited his ad to state "please pm for pictures" and dropped him a pm and attempted to nicely let Dave know why.

My pm stated simply ..

Hey,

Could you do me a favor. If you are going to sell stuff in the classifieds please use a picture that shows or an accessible picture that does not require users to sign up to your board from ours please ...

Kev

FWIW our normal poicy for this was to just move the ad and not saying anything to the offending member so we don't have to argue. I didn't do that, I took the time to explain it.

Assuming this was a nice way of dealing with the problem I left the board for the evening. I noticed not long after by email I had a pm and signed in to see what it was. It was a seething reply of epithats from Dave calling me names and telling me off.

After pming back and forth Dave not only continued to berate me and slur me by pm he made what appeared to be a veiled bodily threat towards me in the process.

After getting abused by pm I simply decided I should have just done what I was supposed too, removed the ad adn not explained myself.

Dave certainly seems to have some anger issues because the only name I ever called him was in a sentence that stated he was acting like an asshole for treating me the way he had.

I'm tired of people like this. I'm tired of getting abused on this forum by people who think they are better than everyone else and it was conditions such as this that forced me to rethink what the JCF was contributing to my overall health. I did nothing other than to try and explain in a nice way WHY I edited the ad, no more no less.

Some members have gotten sick of the direction of the JCF. Some people are upset that the galleries or GOTM doesn't get updated? This is exactly why! We all got sick of working to keep a board running and have to be subjected to tirades such as Daves.

Note that I've never called him names in this writing. I'm not writing it out of hatred or anger. I simply think the members of this board need to understand why we don't get involved anymore.

It's ashame he couldn't have just opened a dialog with me instead of talking like a teenage toughguy ....

Thanks for your time
    Kevin

PS I'd love to post his pm's to show exactly how he acted but it is against poicy to post pm's or emails. If you want to see the kind of treatment I recieved just go look at his postings on his board.
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Sounds like the guys doesn't or shouldn't belong to the JCF family.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Wow, account hijack or did he just flip?

Sad to see a great Community turn into that sort of thing.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The images weren't supposed to be members only. What was interepreted as a ploy to get people to sign up was a script error.

I've got no problems with Dave - he went out of his way to help me score my SLSMG, and gave me no problems when it took longer than expected. It's too bad this played out in public.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

It would have never played out in public. He chose to swear at me, belittle me and trash talk. Then he chose to threaten me. I didn't accuse him as trying to steal members of force them to sign up intentionally. I simply explained why I edited the post.. I assumed it was a mistake on his side and it was easily cleared up. I took the time to edit the post and pm him ..when in realilty I had no other obligation other than to take it down ...

Now if it was a script error on his end ...maybe Dave owes me an apology ..

This is from his board ..and this was mild compared to how he was ripping me by pm

That dude is the most unbeliveable piece of shit whiney.insecure, little punk I have ever come across EVER....that dude cansuck my 9 inch cock until I blow my load all over his girly littleface.....ahem....no hard feelings

I posted my PCS for sale there and had the pics link pointingtowards my gallery here and he changed my post and gave me the wholeblah blah blah thing in a PM......he looks like....acts like... andmost likely smells like a little fucking girl....grow up Maygay...actlike a fucking adult and stop hiding behind your fucking keyboard...youpiece of fucking TOTAL shit__________________

I don't trash talk people. I try to clear up the situation or I ignore them ... if I have to make a hard call on the board then we'll discuss it and ban them ... There was no need of the abuse I put up with from him
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

OK. Where does it go from here? Did you ban him from this forum? Just looks like this thing is going to escalate(sp) to something much more ugly...

I don't know the story, just what I've read here so I have no reference point on his side. I don't know what board is his. But if that is what he posted. That's pretty weak, I must say...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Well that's the funny thing ..as much as he ripped me I never banned him. Then i saw it was continuing and I guess it's not going to quiet down. He's currently suspended and the admins are discussing whether or not he goes.

Comment

Mayday,
                I have nothing but respect for the Mods around here. You guys didn't freak on my Post Count Rant thread and for that I'm greatful. I do like this place alot, although I don't have a huge post count. I've lurked here for a long time. I've seen the Mods act with alot of moderation here...

Now, just so I have this straight, we can be banned for conversations/arguements had over PM? Or is it because he took after a Moderator?

And it seems to me that this thing has a voice here because of your post. I don't know this dude and I don't know this other forum that he's posting on. But I'm guessing that a lot of people frequent that other forum so your putting your side on this one? I guess if someone was ripping me, I'd want to voice my side, but I think I would do it there, not start a whole new thread on this board. But that's just me...

Like I said, I have nothing but respect for you guys. I think this board is run great. Better than the other boards I've wasted time on...

Comment

Now, just so I have this straight, we can be banned for conversations/arguements had over PM? Or is it because he took after a Moderator?
                  You guys could only be banned for harassing or making threats against other people. I wouldn't worry about it, it rarely has ever happened. It is in the rules though ...

I hate the idea people think that we ban people at the drop of a hat. We don't normally other than new people who refuse to read the rules. In this case it was extreme...

I won't go to his board to argue with him, it's like a wolf visiting a den of lions .. LOL I posted this here because I was again being trashed and the person doing that is mkaing it seem like it is totally my fault. This happens a lot when people get tossed from here for acting like tools. So now he has people thinking I picked on him. I didn't and it wasn't fair to me for him to go public like that and lie ..

Comment

yeah, as far as forums go.. this one pretty much allows the 1st w/o to much intervention lest it violate any posting rules, which on the whole have been above fair. Even the CoC typically would not allow such as it would deemed personal attacks on this forum.

I think it takes an incredible amount of tolerance, patience and courage to endure such a caustic opinion w/o being drawn into lashing out.
                    Last edited by charvelguy; 04-23-2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

That makes sense. I do see your point. I guess being a Mod isn't all it's cracked up to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                        You guys could only be banned for harassing or making threats against other people. I wouldn't worry about it, it rarely has ever happened. It is in the rules though ...
                        There are a lot of ways to get banned from here that don't have anything to do with making threats.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          There are a lot of ways to get banned from here that don't have anything to do with making threats.

Not in the context he was asking Tim. Doesn't matter either way ..

This is the most I've been on this board in months

Comment

I am a member of both sites. This back and forth stuff just sucks the wind out of everyone. The bitterness and the bashing has taken on a life of its own. I don't know or care who is right and who is wrong. All I know is, this clash is not very cool on so many levels.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Seems like a pretty weak reason to go off on ya ..... Certainly some anger management issues there, as well as a bunch of underlying resentment. I wonder what the root of it is ... I'm actually not that curious, just discouraged by the unhappiness. Life's too short .

Comment

Working...
                              X