Quakka = 1 hateful dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
    but we had a difference of opinion before and he followed me around the board for a week being a dick because of it. But then he got over it and we got along okay after that.
    Exactly my experience.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok guy's this is my final post on this...

1st Dave stepping down at the other board. If that is the case maybe he has something going on in his life that we are unaware of. If so I certainly hope he is ok, I have no bad wishes for anyone..

2nd ~ The reason I chose to make this public was for 2 reasons. The first being the veiled threat. While he could be blowing hot air because he is angry you can never be too cautious about threats in any form. Look at what just happened in Virginia, you simply never know what someone is capable of

Dave and I did business through a guitar sale. That is how he found out about the JCF, from me. The issue I had with the threat and the old sale was that it was quite possible that he has my home address. I have never seen a picture of Dave and I have no idea of what he looks like so I would have no easy way to protect myself in an extreme circumstance.

3rd and lastly. If Dave gets banned it isn't based on his writings on the other board and it wasn't even his epithet driven tirade in pm. It was simply because he made a threat and that will not be tolerated on this board at all.

I'm sorry to upset you guys by using feedback for this. While I understand it could be construed as petty and we should be held to a higher standard, I also understand the backlash that occurs when a member who has a lot of friends on a board gets the axe. The whole point was so that the reason for the action was out in the open and not only a slanted side of a story.

I still have all the pm's and I honestly walked the fence on breaking a rule here to show how I was being treated. My gut is that I have to adhere to the JCF rules of not posting pms

Thanks for listening, I'm out
      Kev
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170 View Post
        Please note that trash talking and threats are 2 different things. Yes,this is the internet and yes most of the time it is not real life. However, if you watch the news, you should know that there are people out there who just aren't right and possibly do not know the boundaries of real life. After reading some of the correspondence of this issue, it begins to make you wonder.

Saying that Kev can't handle being an admin that new mods should be put place is outright ignorant and irresponsible. Because you may choose to ignore a threat does not make you any more capable of handling anything, it only leaves yourself and others vulnerable. To me, that would be less fit to mod than someone merely posting for others to be beware.

I was just sayin that if the stress of being an admin is causing you to not post then maybe step down so you dont get ripped for just being the athority here. And its not ignorant its just common sense dude. If youre tired of being ripped for enforcing rules then maybe step aside to make it ewasier on yourself is all im saying. If it hurt to stick your finger in a light socket then stop sticking your finger in one .

Comment

I'll be a mod..

I was stabbed, shot at, threatened and called names on a daily basis for years on end..in real life. This, is silly , childsplay IMO!

I can mediate, quickly squash escalating nonsense..
          In fact..I would rule..

ya know what...nah..I don't want the hassle...I'm much too lazy!

I got my thing going here, and that seems to work very well..

You can have it Kev...go nuts man..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post

Some members have gotten sick of the direction of the JCF.
            Yup. JCF does not seem to have the same "feel" as it did a few years ago. That is why I mostly lurk now.

*slinks back into oblivion*
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              JCF does not seem to have the same "feel" as it did a few years ago.
              Yeah, I agree. For what it's worth, I don't think that is significantly down to the admins though, it's mostly due to the numbers of members here - you can't have a small community spirit when there are over 8000 members, and inherently the likelyhood of conflicts of whatever type increases....

Also, whether you agree or disagree, the dissatisfaction that a lot of us feel with quality / direction / efficiency of Jackson Charvel under FMIC isn't going to help engender a happy spirit 24/7.....
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yup. JCF does not seem to have the same "feel" as it did a few years ago. That is why I mostly lurk now.

With the increase in the number of young newbs coming in and questioning the rules, especially Classifieds access, again and again despite the rules being clear and longtime members explaining it and newbs wanting to fight about it, tell the mods to step down, etc.... the "feel" has become more like a Harmony Central or even a little like the ESP forum. Still much better than those places but I'd hate to see this trend continue.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

agreed completely (and with Ian and lerx as well), although I do love looking (and helping when I can) in the tech section when I have time.....
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Ditto. Maybe, though, I should get more active again, to help the mods know that I still appreciate this site and their efforts.

Sorry all that went down, yuck.
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

things have seem to settle in the last few weeks maybe the future of JCF isn't so grim. so about becoming a mod. also i visited the jackson forums, it seems like everyone is a mod. stil waiting for the approval for that forum. 3 weeks and counting
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

There are only 2 admins on jacksonforums - David/Bflat5 and myself. Also, I'm not seeing any problems with your account - doesn't show that you're still waiting for activation.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'll support the mods in whatever decision they make. The JCF is no place for whiny, profanity-spewing teenage boys.
                            Scott

Comment

how come i'm not banned yet then? :ROTF: :ROTF:
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                                how come i'm not banned yet then? :ROTF: :ROTF:
                                It must be because of your one post of value.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X