Quakka = 1 hateful dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
    Yup. JCF does not seem to have the same "feel" as it did a few years ago. That is why I mostly lurk now.

*slinks back into oblivion*
    I think changing the classifieds was a big mistake, but this is still a great board. I know other boards that have had mods especially for the classifieds so the other mods don't end up toast.

jim
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      It must be because of your one post of value.
      What does that mean? Does it mean all his other posts have no value? :ROTF:
      Sam

Comment

look at my thread: "so I have TOO many posts" .... unfortunately, despite reducing it to 71, they plonked the other 2000 back on. i got punished again very quickly
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-24-2007, 04:01 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I normally stay out of things like this, but to post a link to a competitor site is never a good idea and in my opinion, Kevin's response was completely in line. This would be similar to a customer hanging a "gear for sale" sign on my bulletin board here in the shop (which happens believe it or not). My response would be simple... remove the for sale ad and place it in the trash.

I certainly wouldn't want to read about someone slamming me in public like what Kevin posted, I don't think anyone else would either.

I can also understand Kevin's concern about being threatened. As you can imagine, I occasionally have a "run in" with an angry customer. For that very reason I keep my personal information as private as possible.

As for the mods, you've got my full support. I happen to think you guys do a hell of a good job, especially considering all the shit you have to put up with.

This board kicks ass and I applaud your efforts.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Do I have to straighten shit out over here? I knighted kevin "mayday" and there shall be no bashing of said title. I think arguing with anybody on this board or any other board is the antithesis of what these guitars were all about, and isn't that the spirit of what this place was started on? My posts of value are at 0.5, so don't feel too bad Wilk-lol
            It's after 4 p.m., time to start working on my head,and, don't sweat the petty shit, just pet the sweaty shit.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Wow, Dave was selling yet another guitar he "had to have?"

Yet another shocking moment in what was otherwise a boring day.

My loyalty lies with Kevin, period.
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                Yup. JCF does not seem to have the same "feel" as it did a few years ago. That is why I mostly lurk now.

*slinks back into oblivion*
                Damn near 10,000 posts and you're a "lurker"???

Comment

the jcf was the most fun when it was brand spankin' new. that said, it still has it's moments, which is why i'm still here, fuck; almost 6 years now. wow. hell, i remember when "fuck" was in the swear filter!

bill, i think you'd be a fun mod, but sadly you can't dickslap people until their behavior improves as much as you may wish.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Make whoever you want an admin, I don't care. Oh, except Toejam. Never make that guy an admin. Fuck Toejam!!! :ROTF:

Seriously, if I had to pick an admin, Cleveland Metal would be great.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

ahh, the swear filter.. I recall that. @#!!$

Comment

Just Wow. You know - life is too short for such aggravation Kev. You have created a VERY cool place to hang out here in cyberspace. I have been hanging about 4 years now and I have taken much more than I have been able to contribute...but that is because there are so many of you here that are so great to learn from...and many of us grew up with these guitars and the artists that really made us long for these fancy fiddles...but I digress...

Don't let anyone keep you away from here...just don't acknowledge the bs - and if there are repeat offenders deal with them accordingly and don't sweat the peanut gallery. You absolutely cannot please all of the people all of the time. Stick to the plan - it is working. Weed out those who cannot play nice and let's all move along...nothing to see here...

You have given much of your time and energy to the JCF and hopefully you will continue to do what you do...it is greatly appreciated by the majority. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                          I normally stay out of things like this, but to post a link to a competitor site is never a good idea and in my opinion, Kevin's response was completely in line.

I can also understand Kevin's concern about being threatened.
                          +1

I'm really critical of inconsistent moderation on message forums, and I've had my share of run-ins and complaints here from time to time, but I do definitely agree that Kevin has handled this about as ideally as possible, and that even if there were not implied threats of violence (which definitely should not be tolerated), his private reaction to Kevin is a justifiable reason to ban him.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                            Damn near 10,000 posts and you're a "lurker"???
                            Ask an admin how much I have posted in the past few months as compared to the past few years. Then you'll understand.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              Make whoever you want an admin, I don't care. Oh, except Toejam. Never make that guy an admin. Fuck Toejam!!! :ROTF:

Seriously, if I had to pick an admin, Cleveland Metal would be great.
                              Yeah, fuck me! :ROTF: Two more months and I'll have been an admin for a year. Let's party.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A year? Geez. That's got to be the longest practical joke on the JCF.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X