Bergsheil - Difficult to Deal With

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
    shipping a guitar with a cracked headstock without a case.....you should just snap the neck FIRST THEN ship it. it will save you time.
    The point here is.. I agreed to ship it with a case but wanted him to pay me for the guitar/case (that was not in the listing)/insurance up front but he refused. He wanted me to buy a case - take a picture of the guitar in the case - then he would pay for the guitar - ridiculous - Then left me negative feedback first. I was going to walk away no ill will.

Keep in mind this is ALL AFTER he hit the BUT IT NOW.
    Additionally in my listing I stated "100% guaranteed refund of money
    if not pleased with the guitar" I thought that most reasonable people
    on ebay can read!?

Comment

Originally posted by bergsheil View Post
      You don't know anything about me.
      Nor do I want to at this point. I was one of the first to agree with your side of the whole thing, and yet you decided to turn your rage on me. Your behavior tells me more than I need to know. Have a nice day.

Comment

Yep, it would've been ridiculous for you - in the worst case scenario - to have gotten a free hardshell case at my expense, if I didn't follow through on paying for the guitar, too. You still haven't explained why that wasn't acceptable to you? It would've been to most reasonable people. And, despite my repeated requests, you refused to offer an alternative that was otherwise OK to you, either. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          Okay, here's my take:

Shredder buys-it-now
          Shredder realizes no case is included.
          Shredder says okay, what do you suggest then?
          Berg says pay for case/guitar/insurance up front or walk.
          Shredder says screw this deal and leaves neg feedback.

I fixed your post for you...
          FYI ... your shit stinks....since you didn't know that.

Comment

I fixed your post for you...
            FYI ... your shit stinks....since you didn't know that.
            FYI - He doesn't know his shit stinks because your attitude smells worse.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Yep, it would've been ridiculous for you - in the worst case scenario - to have gotten a free hardshell case at my expense, if I didn't follow through on paying for the guitar, too. You still haven't explained why that wasn't acceptable to you? It would've been to most reasonable people. And, despite my repeated requests, you refused to offer an alternative that was otherwise OK to you, either. Why?
              Simple... these are things negotiated BEFORE bidding let alone
              hitting the BIN. We must agreed on that. I wanted all the money up front.
              We didn't agree on that. So at that point the deal was dead. Then came
              your negative feedback to me. I have agreed my comments prior to the
              negative feedback were out of line, and for that I apologize.

I was NOT going to leave negative feedback because I know it stays with you forever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                Nor do I want to at this point. I was one of the first to agree with your side of the whole thing, and yet you decided to turn your rage on me. Your behavior tells me more than I need to know. Have a nice day.

If you remember correctly you threw slurs at me first
                calling me a jagoff!? I replied you jack-off too ....
                I was joking really ...

Comment

I'm getting so many posts in here I'm going to able
                  to sell stuff in the forum pretty soon... can't all my freinds wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                    FYI - He doesn't know his shit stinks because your attitude smells worse.
                    :ROTF:

Comment

that was just a general statement wasnt really a comment on this situation. I'm staying out of this, but having just recieved a "vintage" koa mockingbird that had the headstock cracked clean off of it, i just thought ide add my $.02 that shipping without a hardcase especially a pointy tilt back is not a good idea. THEY UPS, FEDEX, USPS, whoever you ship with WILL CRACK IT. not they might, it will arrive broken....

Comment

There is only one conclusion to this whole thread... eBay is no longer what it used to be! No one trusts anybody anymore and everyone assumes everyone else is lying/deceiving. We cannot determine if berg or shredder is the one to blame. Its just another bad transaction going worse.
                        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          There is only one conclusion to this whole thread... eBay is no longer what it used to be! No one trusts anybody anymore and everyone assumes everyone else is lying/deceiving. We cannot determine if berg or shredder is the one to blame. Its just another bad transaction going worse.
                          I totally agree with this. It seems to be getting beyond out of hand.
                          Its always been a crap-shoot on ebay you win some you lose some.

Comment

Simple... these are things negotiated BEFORE bidding let alone hitting the BIN. We must agreed on that. I wanted all the money up front. We didn't agree on that. So at that point the deal was dead.
                            I know we couldn't come to an agreement. But that's not what I asked. I want to know why it wasn't acceptable to you? And why you couldn't offer some other alternative?

They're pretty simple questions to answer, if you stop avoiding them.

Comment

Someone pass the peanuts. Does anybody want goobers. I am getting up for a soda. I will be right back.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                                Possibly he felt that you refusing to pay in full upfront was you saying you didn't trust him, after you were the one to hit BIN and he HAD agreed to get a case to ship it in?

I think you each made a wrong move that created distrust and animosity. Berg had the right to just say that the deal was what the ad called for, and Shred, you have been around long enough to know that "assume" is ass u me on Ebay.

Berg likely felt that he WAS accomodating you by agreeing to go get a hsc. The fact that he didn't mention before that that would be a PITA doesn't mean it isn't true. He really overreacted in his feedback comments and that does make him look like the asshole, but you provoked him by asking for extra effort and then saying, "but I don't trust you".

I know Shred is an honest guy, but the only thing I'd condemn Berg for here is having a short fuse when things went south. He had a right to be pissed about getting neged first when he did try to accomodate Shred, but he made himself look bad by the language he used.

I've seen two people with honest intent blow up at each other through mistrust and miscommunication many times. Looks like this was another one.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X