METALBOOTS can't be trusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• METALBOOTS can't be trusted

As somet of you know, I scaled my collection back from 28 last year at this time to the dozen I have now.
    In the process I offered up a few of the pieces to folks that I had dealt with before or “Bro’s”- if you will.
    I am a pretty trusting guy so I took a chance on two fellow forum members and shipped them both neck through body San Dimas Jackson’s before receiving a cent from either buyer.
    One buyer I had not dealt with before but we had a mutual friend whom I have known for some 18-20 years who could vouch for this guy so I took a chance on him.

The other buyer was a guy that had bought two other guitars from me and been a good buyer each time, paid immediately and just seemed like an all round nice guy.
    To this buyer I sent his 2nd guitar purchase (B.C/ Rich Ironbird) “AND” a MINT condition San Dimas Jackson Soloist custom in pink platinum that I had bought from Brett C about a year before (J1604) that had the work order info, warranty card and was just like new.
    When I bought the guitar I gave $1350 for it from Brett so I wasn’t looking to make any money off of the guitar, just pass along a great collector guitar and get my initial investment back out of it.

So, right after the first of April 2007 I sent both guitars to their new owners with no more than written commitments from both that they would pay me in full for the guitar with 90 days. No minimum payments, no schedules…just pay it off in 90 days.
    I shipped the guitars 3 day air and both owners were very happy.

Owner number one paid his San Dimas King V Custom off in just at 30 days and was a pleasure to deal with and I would not hesitate to send him another guitar under the same terms…great guy!

The second buyer (METALBOOTS – AKA= Jason W.) however I have not been so lucky with.
    As of 4-3-08 it will be one year and I am still waiting on the final $100.
    The buyer does not return email or voice mail and infact, I have not received a payment from nor heard from this guy since his last payment of $50. on 1-13-08 when he tells me he will have the rest taken care of on 1-25-08 or 1-26-08…then again, you can see from the email thread below that he makes numerous commitments of dates that he does not follow through on.

The guy is on line most every day on YouTube; and I have sent a number of emails and messages through places like YouTube and other forums that he visits…all with no reply…so I know he is just blowing me off.

The guy even had the balls to ask about buying another guitar while he was already 3+ months late on his 90 days on this guitar and said he could have both of them paid for by November 15th 2007.
    Fortunately at 6 months into this deal I wasn’t going to trust him on another “pay me later” deal!
    You know, it really isn’t about the money. $100 at this point doesn’t cause me to loose sleep. Like I have told the buyer on a number of occasions thought this ordeal…it’s about having the courtesy to keep me informed and keep your word.
    I could give two shits if he sent me $25/month until the thing was paid for…just keep your word!
    These people that can’t keep their word don’t seem to realize that their name is really all they have in this world…why shit on it for a measly $100.??
    I just get tired of folks that you try to do good by…and they just want to shit on you!

Two folks were sent guitars, only one was a man of his word!

(Email me if you are interested in the complete email thread)

You really are lucky that you only have a 100$ missing
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Un-fucking-believable, especially when you take into account that that guy hit practically every BIN on a San Dimas Jackson on eBay for about 6 months straight in '07. Dozens & dozens of guitars, like 6 figures worth. He shouldn't have needed 90 days to pay, let alone a year. That was extremely cool & trusting of you to sell on those terms, but I guess it proves the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

It's always one bad apple..

You are a very trust worthy person.. you got any more guitars you want to sell like that. let me know.

BTW you know where Metalboots lives?
        2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
        2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
        2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
        2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
        2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
        2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
        2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
        2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
        2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
        1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
        1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

I have been extremely fortunate to deal with some of the greatest people on this forum. There have been several cases where I shipped guitars prior to receiving payment. I will continue to do so because like you, I do trust people. I'm sorry one turd bucket has blemished your trust in people.
          "POOP"

Comment

I'm totally sorry to hear that man.

He's just doing it to himself. It's might be best for you to forget about it. Not to condone it, but just because it's not worth stressing yourself over it (easier said than done though right).

And! there's always the other side when people totally impress you right? I'm sure in the last year someone has done something for you that has been awesome.

Comment

After the kindness you showed, it's unreal to think that anyone would do that but unfortunately it happens to the best of us. I'm very sorry to hear about this but I do want to thank you for bring it out in the open for us to see and now be warned about him-
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Inexcusable .... sorry to hear.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Until now, I've never heard of getting goods before payment is met in full. If I want something bad enough, I'll save up until I have the full balance plus a bit extra so I don't fall flat on my face if something happens mid-month. Also, I would never let anyone have goods from me until full payment is met. I've been ripped off by my brother years ago before he fucked off to chavland (and he can rot there) so I know how it feels too.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

what a penis-biter. i am sorry to hear that. those kind of issues really make it hard to be a "nice guy" these days....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm relieved to hear you got most of it. I thought you were gonna say he stiffed you for the whole amount. I know what you mean about the principle of the thing bugging you day to day. I recently got screwed outta $300.00 and it bugs me daily. Not the money, the screwing.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        I'm very sorry to hear about this but I do want to thank you for bring it out in the open for us to see and now be warned about him-
                        +1.

Comment

Interesting. He hasn't posted since. 12-12-07. What's he into now stealing Greyhounds to race at the track?

Sorry, for the trouble your having. Thanks for letting us know.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i, like you, have shipped guitars to people on this board prior to receiving shipment. many of the people are here on this thread. for the most part i think it's great that people establish trust with each other. it's what makes us human (in a good way) in an otherwise dog-eat-dog world. and that's part and parcel to what music is all about, which is why we're on this board in the first place.

so to get screwed or taken advantage of in that kind of context *really* sucks. it's like not even a music related board can be free of scammers and assholes. i know that all sounds like puppies and flowers...i'm corny that way. LOL
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Shitty. Interesting that he's hitting the BIN on other deals but takes you up on a 90 day slow pay transaction.

$100....no it's not the money at all. It's the fact that when you're dealing with someone like that it could just as easily been $100,000.

Vass

Comment

Working...
                              X