No announcement yet.

METALBOOTS can't be trusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold a guy at work My micro BR cus it isnt compatible with my current OS on my computer. He still owes me 20 bucks. Not quite the same thing as a 100. but the principle is the same. He buys gear left and right and never even thinks about what that 20bucks may mean to me. I asked him for it about a week ago. And he said " i totally forgot. thanks for reminding me" But i still havnt seen a penny of it. I feel for ya dude. It sucks to be screwed out of money no matter the amount or the circumstances.
    Gil

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

I'm in the same boat... $475.00

My buddy in Denver "Huxley'sghost" aka "woody sebastian" wanted to buy my amp head rack for $400.00 (cost $700) plus I even shipped it on my fedex account ($75.00). The rack (held 1 mesa triple recto head and 6 space rack) was to be used for a tour and was supposed to be payed off in 6 weeks. Woody and I have sent each other pickups and pedals for free in the past so I trusted him. 3 Months goes by.. nothing, then about 8 months later I get an email on myspace saying he hit bad times and he's really sorry and will pay me by Jan 08 at the very latest. Feb, march.. now April 08... still nothing. He continues to ignore my emails and myspace messages (he logs in everyday) and I'm out $475.00. Next time im in Denver on tour..... I will find him!
      USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
      USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

I feel bad for all you dudes. I usually end up getting the short end of the stick on deals as well, and almost always end up being out some cash in the end. I've become much less trusting over the years as a result.

-Steve
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

You are a bigger man than I am. I don't think I could have ever shipped a guitar without full payment up front especially on the ones you shipped. Good luck to you.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

What a vaginal blood fart. post it on other forums so everyone knows not to deal with him. He will be in company with Vince Sansevere.

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
              Sorry to hear that.

I'm in the same boat... $475.00

My buddy in Denver "Huxley'sghost" aka "woody sebastian" wanted to buy my amp head rack for $400.00 (cost $700) plus I even shipped it on my fedex account ($75.00). The rack (held 1 mesa triple recto head and 6 space rack) was to be used for a tour and was supposed to be payed off in 6 weeks. Woody and I have sent each other pickups and pedals for free in the past so I trusted him. 3 Months goes by.. nothing, then about 8 months later I get an email on myspace saying he hit bad times and he's really sorry and will pay me by Jan 08 at the very latest. Feb, march.. now April 08... still nothing. He continues to ignore my emails and myspace messages (he logs in everyday) and I'm out $475.00. Next time im in Denver on tour..... I will find him!
              You should do the same thin. Post it on every music forum.

Comment

Man Law. DO not sell guitars witout payment up front. I NEVER do that. If I use paypal I tell them I'll ship it in a fw days after I get the money transfered to my regular bank account. If those terms are agreed upon I dont sell. EVER!!!! To many scums out there.

Comment

Check out the sellers feedback on this Jackson Kelly he sold on 8-16-08

Second from the bottom:

If it isn't JASON WILLIS (AKA: METALBOOTS) still buying guitars

Comment

Never trust an eBayer who keeps his feedback private and poses with Dave Cumstain.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      what a penis-biter. i am sorry to hear that. those kind of issues really make it hard to be a "nice guy" these days....
                      yeah what he said..........penis-biter

Comment

sorry to hear this man , knowing from past experience you are a stand up guy
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

sorry to read this thread, for sure. so lame on so many counts. i'm sorry that happened to ya, you're a good dude for sure.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

And another:

This guy is a piece of work! (or shit!)

Comment

Working...
                            X