Adam Burman (ex-Sound Control, Nottm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Burman (ex-Sound Control, Nottm)

Wherever you are Adam, I need my WR1 setting up again. It's lasted 8 months, far longer than any setup done by anyone else. Get in contact!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Why don't you set it up yourself? It's not hard, you'll save money to spend on other guitars and best of all you'll get to know your guitar better.

I also didn't know setups lasted for a set period of time?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I thought that once you got a guitar setup that it pretty much stayed that way forever with the exception of a few tweeks, providing there are no changes in string gauge and tuning?
      The only thing I don't have any experience with is the Nut but with a few searches I'm thinking I could find it.
      Care to talk about it a little shobet or is there already a thread for this? Oh and if you do, you would have to move it to the tech section.

Comment

No, temp changes, humidity etc will move the neck and mess with your setup. I refer to them as seasonal changes. Spring/summer is warmer/moister than Fall/Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
          No, temp changes, humidity etc will move the neck and mess with your setup. I refer to them as seasonal changes. Spring/summer is warmer/moister than Fall/Winter.
          You are absolutely right. I could really see it if someone was touring. I have heard it is even hard on the finish. For instance if you have all of your gear in a trailer, and its freezing the manufacturer wants you to let the guitar warm up in its case before opening it.
          Do you do a lot of different tuning or change sting gauge very often?

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24576 bytes) in Z:\Inetpub\wwwroot\jcf\jcfonline\www\forums\includ es\class_mail.php on line 834

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            In the UK? I wouldn't have thought the weather changed that much to affect a set-up. I had my Epi Les Paul done YEARS ago and it stayed the same until I changed it myself pretty recently.
            I agree with Shobet - get a Dan Erlewine book and do the basic setups yourself.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
            X