Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron (RacerX) and Chris (PhantomHawk) Rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron (RacerX) and Chris (PhantomHawk) Rock!

Guys, this was just an amazing situation and I have to tell this awesome story!

A couple of weeks ago, Phantom Hawk put up a Yamaha RGZ611M for sale in the Classifieds. I owned a RGZ211M, same config but lower in the line, and I think it's an awesome guitar in its own right.

So I posted to Chris' Classifieds thread, really to try and help him sell it by testifying to how much I liked my own guitar and how much better this one would be likely to be. I noted that I would be all over it for $200 shipped if I had the money.

Well, Ron saw the thread and said "I'll buy it for ya, Rich! Happy Birthday!" (My birthday happens to be next Friday the 13th). Holy shit! You could have knocked me over with a feather.

At first I thought he must be kidding, but he PMed PhantomHawk to get his info, and it was areality!

I got the guitar today and it is really sweet! Yamahas are not talked about that much here, but the late 80s-early 90s RGZ and RGX models are just nice axes.

More important than that, though, is how amazing this was! ron and I have always gotten along well here on the board, but we have never met in real life. He helped me out along with so many others after Katrina when Chuckracer passed the hat for me, and that was just wonderful alone.

But this.... I'm just floored by this. Ron is the fucking MAN!

Chris is ALSO the fucking MAN! The guitar was impeccably packed - it took me 10 minutes to get it out of the box! Can't say how much I love that, I knew the guitar was coming out in great shape, and it was indeed in perfect shape.

Both guys kept me apprised along the way, which was also really considerate.

Again, I'm kind of speechless about this, even though I managed to type a lot of words anyway! You guys are really the greatest and this is the best damn board on the Internet! If the world at large were half as cool as the people here, the world would be a lot better place!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

A lot of respect for Ron. He's a pretty stand up guy it seems.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I've dealt with Chris twice - see my signature . Maybe I'll get lucky, and he'll sell me another one.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ron is cool. Word.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Hey Rich, glad you're diggin' it ! This deal was really a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to be a part of it. About the packing ......... I hadda been crumplin' newspapers for a half hour to fill that box And I also hafta tip my hat to Ron. He was too cool and made it all happen. Thanks guys, it was a cool trip !
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Now now, Simon, lets not get greedy
            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

The guitar in my hands right now is from Chris.
              I can attest, that he knows how to pack a guitar, and in a compact package that couldn't be beat!

I love the DKMGT.
              It has become my number 1 player.
              Excellent dealings from a super guy!

Ron?
              Who's Ron?

Comment

Ron is the MAN!!!! That's who!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Wow..I just saw this.

Ron, that was a really kick ass thing to do!!

You guys all kick ass in my book.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Saweet! What a cool thing for Ron to do! I met Ron many moons ago and in a brief time knew he was the real deal! Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks, guys! Enjoy her, Rich!

Hey! :idea: How about a pic? Of you shredding it up!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh...THAT Ron.

Yeah, he's a hip cat fo' sho' !

Comment

Working...
                        X