Cole Slaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
    or more like authentic-Olive Garden style?
    Don't even get me started on that fucking place. Its like when Americans go to Paris and eat at McDonalds. Why the fuck would you come to New York and eat at fucking Olive Garden?

I ate at Olive Garden once - in Salt Lake Fucking City. It was either that or Applebee's, Chi-Chi's, Papa Johns - insert other horrible fucking "restaurant."
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I don't understand why Olive Garden presents themselves as authentic Italian restaurant, when they clearly aren't. Their food was mostly disgusting and there wasn't anything Italian about it... I love how they presented the "Italian classic" - meatballs and spaghetti, that's interesting as Italians NEVER, EVER in any region in Italy eat meatballs with spaghetti
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Anybody ever have a Culver's Butterburger? By FAR the best burgers around. Culver's is a chain, but they are only in the midwest. I used to HATE burgers, but I got a job at culvers, and their burgers are seriously my favorite food now. I work there now, and I will be working in about 2 hours.
        (Also my buddy, RR666 works at the Arbys down the road, and he much prefers culvers food to that, AND too the food at McDonalds where he used to live.) Only issue is butterburgers cost twice as much as regular Mcdonalds burgers. But I get a 50% discount.
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I prefer a hot dog over any burger any time.

Germans make great ones, fresh buns, great sausage from real fresh local meat, mustard and ready to go. No ketchup on a dog thank you very much!

But people say that Chicago makes the best ones, there's a place called Hot Doug's which offers dogs in many different ways including a foie gras dog.

In Sweden I've eaten a dog which has a mashed potato instead of bread... that was pretty interesting.

But the thing with the dog is that in some random place the meat can be very old and very nasty and no one knows where it came from.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

There is a Culvers here in Flowermound Texas. I ate the butter burger and it was pretty good. They also had fried cheese curds which I liked as well. Here in DFW there are local burger joints(used to be a chain) called Griff's. They have some of the best huge greasy cheeseburger ever made. If you are ever in Irving roll over to irving Blvd and grab one you will not be disapointed.

Last edited by Jason1212; 09-03-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post

But people say that Chicago makes the best ones, there's a place called Hot Doug's which offers dogs in many different ways including a foie gras dog.

I saw that place on the food/travel show No Reservations. Bourdain was in heaven there, and he knows his hot dogs. It's supposed to be completely over the top, ie. french fries fried in duck fat.

Comment

The best burgers available in the Vancouver area are at Burger Heaven in New Wesminster...

http://www.burgerheaven.ca
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  I saw that place on the food/travel show No Reservations. Bourdain was in heaven there, and he knows his hot dogs. It's supposed to be completely over the top, ie. french fries fried in duck fat.
                  I've seen the Bourdain show a couple of times, that dude is an absolute riot

not a big fan of french fries but made with goose or duck fat they are indeed awesome, they make 'em really good in Belgium

Comment

Chi-town hotdogs can suck me. I'll take a New York City City Dirty Water Dog any day of the week.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

We have a burger place over here called nasty burgers interestingly enough theyre delicous
                      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

The best-named place I ever ran across (well, besides the Bearded Clam in O.C., Md.) was called Tastee Inn & Out, in Sioux City, Iowa. It was closed every time we passed by it, so we never got to try it. I think it's a regional chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          Chi-town hotdogs can suck me. I'll take a New York City City Dirty Water Dog any day of the week.
                          Sabretts rule!!!!
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                          X